Do you use your local library...?

Do you use your local library?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your local library?

I have a real problem with my library...as in I can't seem to go in there without getting more books out. I'm trying to get through my hugh TBR pile at the moment so I'm not allowed to buy books and I'm trying not to get books out from the library until the pile is considerably smaller, but even when I go to the library to take books back I somehow find myself walking past the front desk and going in...just for a browse mind you and before you know it I'm checking half a dozen books out. I'm a hopeless case!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love using my library. I can get on line and they have a very good range of books, magazines and movies. I even finally got my hubby signed up for a library card. We can go to any of the 3 branches in town and only once have I had to "special order" a book but it only took about 4 days to get in. The librarian's are very helpfull and very informative.

I don't think my library has a website, or at least I've never seen it advertised or anything.

There are a number of local libraries in my town, all of which I can use, but to be honest with you I've only ever used the main one in the centre of town mainly because it's easy to get to and I can nip across in my lunch hour.

Thanks for the tip. Don't know why I didn't check there to begin with.

It only takes you to a page describing the libraries facilities and opening times and what not though.

That's a shame - I suppose it varies between counties - ours allows you to renew and order books online plus there are useful links and 'good reads' pages.

Thanks Michelle. I'll ask next time I'm in there as I'm kind of surprised that they don't (seem to) have one. I mean it's quite a good library with a big IT centre and what not so it's kind of surprising that they don't have their own online facility. I've definitely never seen it advertised or anything like that but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have one.

My library must hate me as i am always ordering books on line and i always take back a stash and take out a stash too

Libraries need people to use them for them to survive - so they probably love you. People like you are good for our figures!:lol:

To me there are 4 local libraries.

Village Library - This used to be an amazing place to sit and read in but in the last few years less books are on offer and more computers are taking up the space. Stupid place:motz:.

Stratford Library - This is a lot nicer then the village library but seems to be limited on Fiction books. They deal with a lot more educational books. I use this library the most.

Stratford College Library - I go to this one if I want to be around others. It's a packed library and not quiet at all but nice enough.

Leamington Library - I go to this library whenever I am in the town. You have a massive library, study area, DVD's and a museum, with a restraunt. I love it! If you are ever in Leamington, head to the library mmmkay!

• 1 year later...

I am in my library every weekend I can and regularly take out 6-8 books I love it. The best job I ever did as a Saturday girl many moons ago was in a little library and if I hadn't chosen archaeology as a career I would have loved to have been a librarian.

When I lived in York I used the library all the time, you could take out up to 20 books on your library card and there were no reservation fees. However, when I moved down here and started using the library I was stunned to discover that they charge 80p per book if you reserve something online and