Martial Arts

BlackStar

I get the cack kicked out of me at Kyoukushin Karate every week. I've been doing it for a few years now. I love doing the Kata's. The grace of them, the discipline, you know? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to do a bit of Tai chi until the teacher we had retired and I haven't found as good a replacement.

I know a little Thai kick boxing (through OH) and whilst I can't kick my legs to reach some person's ears:irked: the warming up exercise in TKB is very good and I used to use it when I taught aerobics. Killing it was:lol:

• 1 year later...

I'm doing Karate since four years and I love it.

A friend of mine did Ninjutsu for some time and enjoyed it.

Martial Arts are great for discipline. Ninjutsu becomes a way of life after a while. For me, it made big problems become little problems and little problems no longer mattered.

Karate is a great Martial Art too.

Steve

Edited by Steven Preece

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I did taekwondo for 5 years, I was really happy with that, and then Mexico won gold medal in it on the last Olympic games, since then taekwondo is being so crowded and in my school were nearly 100 white belts, it was so annoying, because I like that feeling that you're doing something that NOT EVERYBODY does, so I left it.

Now after two years, I'm still feeling that I need to kick or to hit someone haha, I'm considering practicing another martial art, I've been thinking of Judo, I'm not sure yet.

• 2 months later...

I do taekwondo for ALMOST 2 months now and not even yet and I already have my 2nd yellow stripe(got it yesterday),Boy was the test hard,I had to remember all these kicks(4)and remember theyre names in korean or whatever language.I don't know the spelling but ill try to spell the kick names as best as possible:1.upalagyr 2.upchagir 3.undirio 4.pa-cut.I kept on getting the kick names confused :dunno: ,but in the end I passed :smile:

• 1 year later...