Martial Arts

BlackStar

I used to practise Tai Chi a bit, which I think qualifies as a martial art, but haven't done it for some time - I would like to go back to it at some time, but there don't seem to be any classes at times that suit me in my area.

I used to practice Shotokan Karate when I was younger and managed to get to the belt before the black belt (brown with two white stripes). I was about 13-14 when I started and finished when I was about 16 and became interested in boys! :irked: I've often thought about taking it up again.

A Tae Kwon Do question :D

Laura, do I have to learn all of the grading cards up to my belt? Will I be tested on all of them? How many questions are asked? Oh, and do I only have to do the pattern Do-San or will I get asked to do a previous pattern as well as my current one?

A Tae Kwon Do question :D

Laura, do I have to learn all of the grading cards up to my belt? Will I be tested on all of them? How many questions are asked? Oh, and do I only have to do the pattern Do-San or will I get asked to do a previous pattern as well as my current one?

Errm well.. you will need to know all of the grading cards up to and including your grading card, so 10,9,8 and 7.

you will be asked approx 5 questions all relivent to your grade or below.

And i think, you only do your pattern, but you may have to do it multiple times. it would be good if you knew all the patterns before you anyways :D

Do you know all your line work and set-sparring?

xx

I'm fine with the line work and set-sparring. The only thing Karl noticed was that I did an L stance at times when it shouldn't have been, whoops :D

I don't like the other patterns, I always mess up on Dan-Gun :D

Now I'm focusing on my grading pattern I seem to have forgotten bits of my other patterns!

I'm fine with the line work and set-sparring. The only thing Karl noticed was that I did an L stance at times when it shouldn't have been, whoops :D

I don't like the other patterns, I always mess up on Dan-Gun :D

Now I'm focusing on my grading pattern I seem to have forgotten bits of my other patterns!

Lol, you going tomorrow night?

Karl will sort it all out :lol:

im pretty sure you only have to do your own patter, i think its at green belt you have to do an examiners choice pattern.:blush:

You'll be fine, as long as you know your theory.:lol:

xx

Yeah I am going in tomorrow night! I need the practice before the grading on Saturday :D

I've been looking over the old theory in case I get tested on it, but I might try looking at my new stuff tomorrow. Usually I don't look at it until the day before, I have a brilliant memory :D

In the set sparring what stance are we walking back in? Different people tell me different things which confuses me. I think you might have noticed that at the pre-grading when I was muddling it up!

Yeah I am going in tomorrow night! I need the practice before the grading on Saturday :D

I've been looking over the old theory in case I get tested on it, but I might try looking at my new stuff tomorrow. Usually I don't look at it until the day before, I have a brilliant memory :lol:

In the set sparring what stance are we walking back in? Different people tell me different things which confuses me. I think you might have noticed that at the pre-grading when I was muddling it up!

Haha, not a good thing to learn it the day before.

But i used to do it to be honest :blush: and its not dont me any harm :D

Errm which number?

Carnt think off hand which numbers you have to do?

xx

Haha, not a good thing to learn it the day before.

But i used to do it to be honest :D and its not dont me any harm :D

Errm which number?

Carnt think off hand which numbers you have to do?

xx

Oh I'm learning sets 5, 6 and 7.

I know its not a good thing to do but I can remember conversations in great detail that I've had years ago :blush:

Oh I'm learning sets 5, 6 and 7.

I know its not a good thing to do but I can remember conversations in great detail that I've had years ago :D

Number 5 - its outer forearm block in walking stance, outer forearm block in walking stance, more across to the right in a sitting stance doing an outerforearm block and punch.

Number 6 - its knifehand block in walking stance, knifehand block in walking stance, move across to the right in sitting stance doing an kinfhand block and kinfehand strike to the neck with your palm facing the roof.

Number 7 - its outer forearm in walking stance, outerforearm in walking stance, jump back to the right, to a guarding block in L-stance, then a front kick off your back leg, land in walking stance doing a double punch.

All start with right leg back first. :blush:

I think thats right. Check with somebody tomorrow night :lol:.

Haha, im rubbish with theory, now for grading because its so high, i have to sart learning about 5 months before the grading :D

xx

:D Thank you!!!!

I thought I was doing it right that way but then someone told me I had to go back in L-stance which didn't feel that comfortable at all.

I don't want to think about black belt theory yet, I already have the cards for red belt and felt like fainting when I saw it :D

:D Thank you!!!!

I thought I was doing it right that way but then someone told me I had to go back in L-stance which didn't feel that comfortable at all.

I don't want to think about black belt theory yet, I already have the cards for red belt and felt like fainting when I saw it :blush:

Your welcome, but make sure you check tomorrow, im not positive.

mainly 95% sure :D haha

yea its not as bad as people think because you have been learning it from day 1 for each grading, once you go over it a couple of times, it stickes in.. like now i would know something withour looking at the cards :lol:

but leaning it now it hard :lol:

xx

• 4 months later...

I used to partake in Kuk Sool Won but unfortunately due to health reasons and how that has affected my financial situation I am no longer able to attend classes.

It was a very enjoyable experience and one I will definetly go back to when I am in a better position to do so.

If anyone is thinking of taking up M.A. I highly recommend it... if you can afford it. That's the only problem, the cost of better health and mental strength as well as other skills doesn't come cheap. Still, it's more than worth paying if you can.