In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

Much respect to Mr Obama - if he continues like this he could go down in history as the most compassionate, forward-thinking President the USA has ever had - hurrah for him! *cue much applause from Kell!)

Yet another young celebrity has died. Stephen Gately of Boyzone fame has been found dead at the age of 33. Tragic news :eek2:

I was shocked to read this - he was the same age as me! It terrifies me to think he just died for no apparent reason! I've never been a Boyzone fan, but this is tragic and I feel for his family, friends and fans.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a huge Boyzone fan since I was very young and I'm absolutely devastated at the news. They're such a lovely group of lads and he was so young. Not much older than me.

Well Im not ashamed to say few tears shed in here yesterday....and poor Chelsey cant face listening to her Boyzone cds right now bless her :eek2:

I went with my sister to see Boyzone at the O2 when they got back together.

It was so funny watching Stephen Gately, he was obviously so excited to be there that he could hardly contain his enthusiasm, and beamed his way through the show, he seemed to be a really nice man. :eek2:

Have you all heard about the balloon boy? I was watching it live as I got ready for work this morning. The balloon landed but he wasn't found inside. I hope he never got in in the first place. :D

ETA: He has been found safe and well at home, hiding in a box apparently.

Edited by Kylie

Some guy has come out saying he helped the Heene family plan the balloon hoax. The police are basically going to be throwing the book at these people and the whole country is p*ssed off at them.

Totally sick - who would do such a thing? I mean, I know they didn't actually put their child in danger, but to actually plan and carry out such a horrible trick is beyond belief! :D

Guess I'd be buying a few bridges as I'm an American and I watched in horror and dismay, praying for this little boy and his family. When this story first aired, the details of the ballonhad not yet been disclosed. All we saw was a distraught family and a silver balloon in the air. It is not something we generally we jump up and say, "oh, its a hoax". And since an object HAD fallen from the balloon, it was evident that it could have held "something". Yes and still, I'd rather be a little guilible and tenderhearted then hardened. But thats just me.

Now the family will have the Department of Social Services come in and question the children and they may be removed from the home because of a need to be in front of the camera for 15 minutes of fame. Add to THAT, we the citizens will be paying for this stunt for a few years.

I watched the end of it live on TV and didn't for a second think it was a hoax. They were saying even then that the boy might have been hiding at home, but it wasn't implied that it might be a hoax.

Like Katrina, I would rather be a little gullible than hard-hearted and cynical, automatically believing the worst of everyone and everything.