What have you been watching at the cinema? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

Wow, that is a huge oversight. :readingtwo: Stu was so very important in John's life! I'm shocked that they would leave him out.
That was my feeling precisely - George only appeared for about two seconds but that didn't bother me too much as he was Paul's friend back then; but to cover the art school period and not even mention, let alone show us Stu just seemed a bit odd.

Just remembered another (and in fact, the main) thing I didn't like - someone'd clearly read too much Freud, the Oedipal overtones in the relationship between John and his mum weren't so much overtones as shouted down a megaphone... :D.

Do let me know what you think of it when you get to see it.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw 'A Serious Man' again over the weekend and found more parts to laugh at, surprisingly! :lol: Such a lovely film :ditto:.

I'm glad you got to see it, peacefield :lol: It seems absolutely ages since I saw it!

I saw it nominated in the Oscars, but then because A Single Man is also nominated, I kept getting the two mixed up as they look so similar when skim reading the screen, so was thinking to myself "I don't remember Colin Firth in it?" :lol:

I saw it nominated in the Oscars, but then because A Single Man is also nominated, I kept getting the two mixed up as they look so similar when skim reading the screen, so was thinking to myself "I don't remember Colin Firth in it?" :ditto:

:lol: I've been doing the same thing, Chesil! Plus whenever I tell people I went to see it they say 'Oh is that the movie with Colin Firth?' I hear he's up for an Oscar! LOL

I really enjoyed it though and am so glad I saw it :lol:.

It's Complicated. I thought it was very good. Light and funny and very entertaining.

I loved it too....one I would probably watch again...maybe it will be out for xmas dvd wishlist :blush:

I saw Crazy Heart this afternoon and I loved it!! It's like Jeff Bridges was born for this role or something, and I'm so glad he won the Golden Globe for his performance. I'm crossing my fingers for him with the Oscar too. I'm not normally a country music person, but the style in this film was different. And who knew Bridges could sing?! Wow, just wow :lol:.

I know it sounds cheesy but I took my husband to see Valentines Day last week and the good news was he did not hate it.

I have to return the favour tomorrow night as we are hoping to see the wolfman. Have to admit though that I actually do want to see this movie too.

I went to see A Single Man with a friend on Saturday and it was MAGNIFICENT, so much so I'm already arranging to go see it again with another friend before the week is out. Sad, uplifting, beautiful, powerful, stunningly acted, sumptuously scored - and this is coming from someone who never understands or remembers instrumental soundtracks. If Colin Firth does not bag the Oscar for this, I'll be supremely angered at the injustice of it all, and declare the Awards rigged. Go see it yesterday, and bring hankies.

Last two films I've seen at the cinema this year are 'Sherlock Holmes' and 'Wolf man'

Sherlock Holmes being the better one imo, Robert Downey Jr was brilliant in it - a definite dvd purchase for me when it is released.

Wolf man made most people jump in the cinema, most of the jumps/scares were just too obvious for me but the one and only bit I actually jumped at, (I use the excuse I was getting tired as it was a late viewing :lol:) no one else seemed to, twas a dog coming out from behind the table in the dark...ah well :lol:

DH and I went to see Up in the Air last week whilst we were away.

That's two hours of our lives we'll never get back! :lol:

May I ask what you didn't like about this film, Janet? It's doing pretty well over here and I hope to see it sometime this week :lol:.

May I ask what you didn't like about this film, Janet? It's doing pretty well over here and I hope to see it sometime this week :lol:.

Could I perhaps be so bold and offer my own opinion as well? :lol: I thought the film was rather boring and took forever to get to a point. Also, I didn't really get anything from it - it was just.. blank... and dull... I don't recommend seeing it.