The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Abyss - long and took a bit to get going but once it got going, it really got going!

It's sheer emotional genius, I blubbered so much,

with him having to watch her drown even as she panics and change her mind, then slapping her around and insulting her into fighting when everyone else has accepted that she can't be revived; then he goes to 20,000 to disengage the trident nuke but hasn't got enough oxygen left to come back up so he decided to just stay there and wait to die and he types on his little pad "I love you wife" (they're divorced) :D:cry2::lol:!

He makes it in the end with a little help from the abyss-dwelling aliens but

boy, am I traumatised! It made Armageddon look positively mirthful.

Just got round to watching 'The Illusionist'- well- half watching! Gave up half way through as it was mindnumbingly inane with wooden acting. a dodgy script and pretty shonky SFX. Life is full of disappointments. Might have to go and watch 'The Prestige' again to make up for it and which was infinitely better (apart from the David Bowie bits!)

Edited by Mysterioso

The Abyss - long and took a bit to get going but once it got going, it really got going!

It's sheer emotional genius, I blubbered so much,

with him having to watch her drown even as she panics and change her mind, then slapping her around and insulting her into fighting when everyone else has accepted that she can't be revived; then he goes to 20,000 to disengage the trident nuke but hasn't got enough oxygen left to come back up so he decided to just stay there and wait to die and he types on his little pad "I love you wife" (they're divorced) :lol::cry2:!

He makes it in the end with a little help from the abyss-dwelling aliens but

boy, am I traumatised! It made Armageddon look positively mirthful.

:) Awww, so sorry you are so traumatised BJ :D It is a brill film though and one I could watch over and over :)

I watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince today. A bit disappointed I have to say and the ending was such an anti-climax :D

A bunch of us watched Monster Camp the other night and laughed ourselves silly. It was a sort of documentary on people who call themselves L.A.R.P.ers (live action role players) and was just a film of them going on a weekend near Seattle to act out a battle of sorts. Those people were really into their characters! :D

Awww, so sorry you are so traumatised BJ
It's ok, it's a good kind of trauma, i.e. if it hadn't been a good film I wouldn't have cried like a baby.

A bunch of us watched Monster Camp the other night and laughed ourselves silly. It was a sort of documentary on people who call themselves L.A.R.P.ers
This sounds brilliant; need to get hold of it methinks.

I watched Legally Blonde and Legally Blonde 2 last night. I thought Legally Blonde was silly but the second one was even worse! Good fun though.
I've never dared watch number two, the first one is one of my favourite films - ok, it's daft but in a goodhearted way, the message is lovely and the whole film endlessly quoteable.

Watched Short Circuit tonight; it's such an awwww film (and Wall-E, lovely as it is, is such a rip-off)!

The Punisher: War Zone. I really shouldn't have been surprised, but it's yet another film Marvel hasn't quite thought through. The very last line of the film made me laugh out loud, but

they killed off Microchip, one of the three characters in the film (with the two detectives) that I actually gave a damn about. Completely unnecessary as far as plot goes.

I should have listened to my instinct about this film, after having sat through Man-Thing and Spider-Man 3.

I can look forward to Tod Browning's Freaks tomorrow night. The DVD arrived on Saturday morning, after I ordered it late on Thursday. The internet makes life so much easier. :D