The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shop Around The Corner is a brilliant movie! James Stewart was so dishy! :)

It's a really lovely movie, funny and sweet in turns. I only watched it for the first time myself recently, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

There are some scenes, and even some bits right down to the script that were borrowed and used in You've Got Mail which, once you've seen both makes You've Got Mail not only an excellent stand-alone film, but a wonderful, respectful tribute to a classic too.

There was a great TV show on in America called My Name Is Earl which dealt with incompetent denizens at the bottom of society. "Earl" is played by Jason Lee whose character, a petty thief and all-around screw-up, has had a revelation after winning a lottery, and then immediately getting hit by a car and ending up in the hospital! On a TV show he sees while recuperating he learns about Karma.

Earl makes a list of all the bad things he has ever done, and decides to undo everything, so that Karma will not pay him back with a ruined life.

The characters around Earl and the naive, incongruous commentary on Life are very funny.

We have been watching DVD's of the first season: highly recommended.

I love that programme - not only it is extremely funny, it is also the only American TV show I know where the characters are not all stinking rich and living in great big houses.

As for Patrick Stewart - that voice makes me go weak at the knees !

I love that programme - not only it is extremely funny, it is also the only American TV show I know where the characters are not all stinking rich and living in great big houses.

As for Patrick Stewart - that voice makes me go weak at the knees !

My emphasis above: Right! Another fine TV show on that basis is The Big Bang Theory about Physics graduate students and their frugal apartment-pizza life-styles.

The main character on that show, Sheldon, idolizes Patrick Stewart! :)

I love Face/Off (I fell in love with John Travolta during that movie - which is odd considering he is evil :)) Have only seen bits of Con Air though.

Off to bed soon to keep going with the second series of Extras. Usually get 3-4 episodes watched but can't remember the order to this series.