The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

Nothing wrong with the Rocky films, well apart from Rocky V, but i don't even count that because it is so pants
Ah but you see, I tend to avoid all manful films like the plague - my delicate, feminine, poetic sensibilities instruct me so :D. That said, once I was sat down and forced to watch it, I was surprised at just how well-made a piece of cinema Rocky IV was. I mean, while admiring the montages I even wondered whether it'd been directed by Coppola... now that's some compliment for Sly Stallone!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching a couple of episodes of Family Guy in the evenings, it's great! They have such random plots and the baby is hilarious :D

Watched Angels and Demons last night. It was OK, but I felt quite detached from the action. I thought it was going to be better than it was. I quite enjoyed the book though.

We watched the Conversations with God film this evening on DVD - I wasn't sure what to expect, as I have read all the books and wasn't sure how a film like this could even be made. It was beautifully and very sensitively done. Much of the detail from the books (it is basically the story of how they were written and published and what drove Neale to hit rock bottom so that he could begin to write) was missing, as one would expect, but all the important stuff was there. I suspect I will have to see it again though, as with films like this there is usually quite a lot that you miss the first time around. It was good to see a film which concentrates purely on the story without relying on special effects.

Miracle On 34th Street

My Planning Theory lecturer looks like Chris Cringle from this movie. The subject is really dull, but how can you begin to dislike Santa Claus!? :)

Yes! That is my 2nd favorite Christmas movie. :) it is good but I like Holiday Inn more.

Have you ever seen Some Like It Hot or The Shop Around the Corner? They are 2 of my other favorite old movies. Some Like It Hot has Marilyn Monroe in it and The Shop Around the Corner is what the movie You've Got Mail (with Meg Ryan) was based on. Both are excellent!

In SATC it is just a gift shop, not a book shop. The main characters both work at it together and fall in love through the post (as pen pals). It reminded me a bit of Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning's romance. They are 2 of my favorite poets so I guess I was destined to like this movie! :)