The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

The old thread was getting a bit too long so please continue here :D

I did sit and watch Bridget Jones 1 & 2 in the same night but more recently I've been catching up on stuff on my + box.

We went into Blockbuster the other night and there was nothing of any interest at all, that we hadn't already seen, so I'll be looking out for some recommendations.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my friends had a movie marathon thing today. We watched Spongebob Squarepants the Movie, Johnny English, Keith and the Notebook.

Keith was a pretty sad movie. I really liked the characters. Keith's lines were just AWESOME, I loved him. I recommend that to you, Lilywhite, if you haven't already seen it. It was pretty awesome.

Last night watched the Bourne Ultimatum which, having seen the other two, now ties it all up nicely. I think ...... I am still a bit confused over Treadstone and Blackbriar. But the action was superb, especially during the Waterloo Station scenes.

I haven't yet seen any of the Bourne movies, Suek. Is it true that one might get motion sickness whilst watching because of the camera work?! :D I have one friend who gets very easily sick at stuff like that, so she was probably a little biased, hee.

Last night I was home a bit late for a full movie viewing, but I managed to squeeze in two or three songs from my Chili Pepper's Live at Slane Castle DVD. I've been in such a Pepper mood lately it really hit the spot :lol:.

I haven't yet seen any of the Bourne movies, Suek. Is it true that one might get motion sickness whilst watching because of the camera work?! :D I have one friend who gets very easily sick at stuff like that, so she was probably a little biased, hee.

I struggled with motion sickness a couple of times during the second Bourne film while watching it at the cinema, although when I watched it on DVD at home, it was fine. The first one was okay (and by far the best of the three films) and the third one was no problem either.

I've only got seven episode of The West Wing left to watch - I don't want it to end!

I'm convinced this is something they could and should re-visit in a few years.

I hope so, Raven!! That has been one of my most favorite shows. I'm hoping Sorkin gets back to TV soon. Which WW episode is up next for you?

I didn't necessarily watch a DVD last night, but a VHS tape of Wed night's Ghosthunters that my friend faithfully recorded for me :D.

I love the last series of the West Wing. It is just a shame that it ended. My only fault is that the last two series didn't focus enough on the staff. I may be alone in thinking this but I thought there was too much emphasis on the other campaigns for president. I know what is a huge part of the story, but I just found myself wanting to know what was happening with Jed, CJ, Toby etc rather than Vinick or Santos. I think it's just because I knew it was nearly over so I wanted more of the West Wing stuff rather than debates and campaigns :D OK I'll be quiet now!

I love the last series of the West Wing. It is just a shame that it ended. My only fault is that the last two series didn't focus enough on the staff. I may be alone in thinking this but I thought there was too much emphasis on the other campaigns for president. I know what is a huge part of the story, but I just found myself wanting to know what was happening with Jed, CJ, Toby etc rather than Vinick or Santos. I think it's just because I knew it was nearly over so I wanted more of the West Wing stuff rather than debates and campaigns :D OK I'll be quiet now!

No, you're not alone in thinking this, Stephanie, I agree with wanting to see less of the campaigns and more of what was happening back in the WW. Although I loved seeing Josh so I could live with it, but I really wanted to see how CJ handled her new role and Toby struggling with his life not in the WW. I would love it if they did a reunion special one day! Everyone was so talented and ambitious in their jobs during the administrations, you'd think the writers could come up with some great stories of where they all ended up after spending 2 terms in the White House!

I know what you mean Stephanie.

It was that feeling of we knew that it was coming to an end, so let's have more of what made it great in the first place!

I was enthralled by the campaigning parts, and I loved both Jimmy Smits and Alan Alda and their fab characters, but I wanted to head back to the West Wing and see what the folks there were up to a bit more! Just the interactions and stuff.

I would love it if they did a reunion special one day! Everyone was so talented and ambitious in their jobs during the administrations, you'd think the writers could come up with some great stories of where they all ended up after spending 2 terms in the White House!

Ooh yes please! :D

Edited by Chrissy
added more

I agree about the special :lol: That would be great. :lol: Although I guess the very first episode of season 7 kind of explained some of what was happening. I would have liked to see more of Danny/CJ, Donna/Josh etc. Some of the stories were just getting going when it ended :D

Oh yeah, they did elude to what everyone was up to in the first episode, didn't they? I agree though, here we have to sit through about 6 seasons of CJ/Danny and Josh/Donna banter, and when something finally happens the show's over! :D Oh well, hopefully Sorkin and/or Schlamme (sp?) are reading our posts right about now :lol:.

Oh, and I always wished that Toby had gotten back together with his wife, or someone at least! He seemed lonely sometimes :tong:.

Oh yeah, they did elude to what everyone was up to in the first episode, didn't they? I agree though, here we have to sit through about 6 seasons of CJ/Danny and Josh/Donna banter, and when something finally happens the show's over! :tong: Oh well, hopefully Sorkin and/or Schlamme (sp?) are reading our posts right about now :lol:.

Oh, and I always wished that Toby had gotten back together with his wife, or someone at least! He seemed lonely sometimes :D.

Oh yeah I agree about Toby. I always thought him and Andy would get back together. Especially at the end when he seemed so down. I really didn't like his ending :D

• 2 weeks later...

I loved The Duchess, Vanwa! Excellent film :D.

Little Miss Sunshine was wonderful, Joe! I loved the whole cast, but Alan Arkin never ever seems to disappoint me, whatever movie I see him in.

Bookworm44, how was Adventureland? I keep meaning to check and see if it's out for rent yet but haven't done so.

I watched Ghost Town the other night. The movie as a whole was okay, but laughing at Ricky Gervais made it all worth it - he's hilarious!