The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

I think it's definitely time for a commentary viewing, Stephanie! :D

ScottishBookWorm, Philip Seymour Hoffman is great. I think he's one of the best actors we have out there these days. What movies of his do you have?

Oh I'm glad you liked Adventureland, bookworm! I need to see it for sure, and I've heard very good things about the soundtrack :smile2:.

the movies I have of Philip Seymour hoffman is capote, the boat that rocked, doubt, charlie wilson's war.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Boys I & II. I've had one of those days where I just hide from the world. Classic line from Will Smith:

"Back up, put the gun down and give me a pack of tropical fruit Bubblicious."

Last DVD I watched was The Reader.

What did you think, Bee? That one is most definitely my fave film from last year.

After sports yesterday I watched a few more episodes of 'Weeds' from the 2nd season.

is that any good? popyshake?

Yes, I liked it ... I preferred the book but Kate Winslett and Leonardo DiCaprio were excellent.

There was quite a bit of flashback .. which could be confusing if you hadn't read the book because Leo and Kate never seemed to age.

It's very melodramatic .. lot's of arguments and simmering tension. Having read the book I was prepared for this but my OH found it a bit tedious and thought there wasn't much of a storyline.

It's quite downbeat and depressing so not for someone who want's to be uplifted. I'd read the book and enjoyed it though and thought the film was a pretty good adaptation.

Yes, I liked it ... I preferred the book but Kate Winslett and Leonardo DiCaprio were excellent.

There was quite a bit of flashback .. which could be confusing if you hadn't read the book because Leo and Kate never seemed to age.

It's very melodramatic .. lot's of arguments and simmering tension. Having read the book I was prepared for this but my OH found it a bit tedious and thought there wasn't much of a storyline.

It's quite downbeat and depressing so not for someone who want's to be uplifted. I'd read the book and enjoyed it though and thought the film was a pretty good adaptation.

I'll check it out!

I've seen the reader That was good