What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered 'The Year of the Flood' by Margaret Atwood. :D

Ooh, exciting! Is that a pre-order Gyre or is the book out already?

I finished The Inimitable Jeeves by PG Wodehouse and have already made decent inroads into One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. I think this could be classified as my first chick-lit novel. :lol:

Starting The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley

I almost picked this one up the other day, Blithe. The cover really attracted me :D. You'll have to let us know what you think.

I've only managed to get in a few pages of Ghostwalk the last couple days, but hopefully I will get lots in this weekend while I'm at the cabin.

Just started Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. So far...hmm...I'm not too sure about it :D

I think I started reading 'Vanishing Acts' but did not finish it, looking forward to your thoughts Nightwish :lol:

I am concentrating on 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame~Smith, which is very funny :lol:

I've finished Chosen and started Untamed by PC and Kristin Cast. As much as I am enjoying these books, they are a bit slow moving. I am now on the fourth book and she has only been in the school two months. It's going to take hundreds of books to complete :D

I have been reading some of my Icelandic books again today - I am about a third of the way through a book on the history of literature in the country, which is all fascinating stuff with translations of some of the Eddaic poems and so on. I have also read a few more chapters from one of my favourite sagas - Laxdaela Saga, which is the tale a love triangle between a woman from Breidafjord and 2 foster brothers, both of whom married her at different times and were intensely jealous of each other. Wonderful stuff !

I'm reading Shadow Man by Cody McFadyen and rereading Hunted by P C Cast as Tempted will be out in just under a month :D

Edited by Fi

Well, I pre-ordered it on Amazon US (in hardback) which still says October so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :lol: Oh, and it's Tempted not Tamed - d'oh :D

ETA - I'm too impatient to wait for October 2010 for the paperback!

Edited by Fi

Guest velocipede2288

I am reading Ngaio Marsh's Death at the Bar, an inspector Alleyn mystery first written in 1939. A golden oldy.

Recently read a Reginald Hill novel of Dalziel and Pasco, A Cure for All Diseases. Great unexpected humour in this book.

Alan.

Well, I pre-ordered it on Amazon US (in hardback) which still says October so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :lol: Oh, and it's Tempted not Tamed - d'oh :D

ETA - I'm too impatient to wait for October 2010 for the paperback!

I know it doesn't match but I cannot wait a whole year just for the sake of a paperback :lol: I'll just have to suffer like I did with Twilight/Sookie Stackhouse. I hate that the last books are hardback but I'm too impatient to wait :lol:

I know it doesn't match but I cannot wait a whole year just for the sake of a paperback :D I'll just have to suffer like I did with Twilight/Sookie Stackhouse. I hate that the last books are hardback but I'm too impatient to wait :lol:

Exactly :lol: Plus I have Hunted in hardback already so what's one more?

I found an old book I loved as a kid - I knew I had it somewhere, I just hadn't suceeded in tracking it down. It's only about 186 pages, I might read it tonight.

I'm intrigued, whats the book called and by whom? :tong:

I have been reading some of my Icelandic books again today - I am about a third of the way through a book on the history of literature in the country, which is all fascinating stuff with translations of some of the Eddaic poems and so on. I have also read a few more chapters from one of my favourite sagas - Laxdaela Saga, which is the tale a love triangle between a woman from Breidafjord and 2 foster brothers, both of whom married her at different times and were intensely jealous of each other. Wonderful stuff !

Oh that sounds interesting reading Talisman!

I'm just reading Wuthering Heights and Kafka on the shore.

I got two books in the post today though which made me happy

1. Charles De Lint - Greenmantle

2. Kenneth Oppel - Dusk

also waiting on a third - The devil in me - Christopher Fowler

:D.......must go read :lol:

Edited by chrysalis_stage