What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

Well, we made it to over 1200 posts in the last thread! Here's a new one.

I've spent most of the day reading poems by Christina Rossetti. Goblin Market is one of my favorite.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Frankie's post on the old thread, your ideas made me laugh :D I like the idea of getting books the same size and then creating our own covers! If I only I was the artistic type...I'm over halfway through The Inimitable Jeeves now and should have it finished by Friday.

Re Frankie's post on the old thread, your ideas made me laugh :D I like the idea of getting books the same size and then creating our own covers! If I only I was the artistic type...I'm over halfway through The Inimitable Jeeves now and should have it finished by Friday.

Maybe there are artists on the forum who could sketch some ideas and then send pics? Then all we need to do is print the pics and glue them to some kind of a stronger paper that could be used as the papercover for the book :D Any volunteers? (Or, if one fancies the TV show and the characters there, just print pics of them :lol:)

From what I've seen here, I'm sure there will be a few people who think printing off pics of the actors is a great idea! :lol:

:D Yeah. Although one thing I hate is movie tie-in covers for books. I don't know why but I try not to buy it unless it is absolutely the only copy I can get.

I need a new book today...but haven't decided which yet. :D

Echo:

Goblin Market and Other Poems - Christina Rossetti

Sylvia Plath: Method and Madness - Edward Butscher

I Am a Cat: Vol. I - Natsume Soseki

The Somnambulist - Jonathan Barnes

Women of the Asylum - Jeffery L. Geller

Edie: An American Girl - Jean Stein

Girl, Interrupted - Susanna Kaysen

Weird Like Us: My Bohemian America - Ann Powers

Phantom Prey - John Sandford

Kappa - Ryunosuke Akutagawa

Wow, you got some great books there, Happy reading! :D

I am 9 chapters into Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami. I loved the bit when the characters mentioned Franz Kafka's story - In the penal colony and said how they loved it because I did too. :D

My copy of Queen of the Damned is spending a few days at the post office after I didn't hear the silent post man knock at our door. Didn't hear a thing and I was in....no tv noise or music either! :D Not to worry....collecting it tomorrow :D

I went shopping today and bought more than I intended too :D

Marked - PC and Kristin Cast

Betrayed - " "

Chosen - " "

Untamed - " "

Hunted - " "

David Copperfield - Charles Dickens (which was only 49p :lol:)

The Last Gospel - David Gibbins

The Rose Labyrinth - Titania Hardie

Cold Mountain - Charles Frazier

I only meant to get the Marked set :D Then the others were on sale and I couldn't resist

I went shopping today and bought more than I intended too :D

Marked - PC and Kristin Cast

Betrayed - " "

Chosen - " "

Untamed - " "

Hunted - " "

David Copperfield - Charles Dickens (which was only 49p :D)

The Last Gospel - David Gibbins

The Rose Labyrinth - Titania Hardie

Cold Mountain - Charles Frazier

I only meant to get the Marked set :lol: Then the others were on sale and I couldn't resist

That's certainly a lot of books Stephanie!! :lol: I've seen those PC & Kristen Cast books arouns and have considered buying them. You'll have to let us know what they're like :D

That's certainly a lot of books Stephanie!! :lol: I've seen those PC & Kristen Cast books arouns and have considered buying them. You'll have to let us know what they're like :D

I haven't read them yet but I read Gyre's reviews and figured it was the kind of book for me :D:lol: Thanks Gyre! :D

I started with The Diary of Anne Frank last night, I read about 100 pages and not so very much has been said about what actually went on with the war itself, as I thought it would - but I'm keeping in mind that it is a young girl's diary and it's still only 100 pages in. I've put The Turn of the Screw on hold to read this.

I also bought The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, today. :D

Today I received Teery Pratchett's "Reaper Man", Unseen Library edition, and - wait for it - the top corner is severely bumped, both front and back. I'm pretty sure this wasn't indicated in the ad as, quite simply, I wouldn't have bought it in that case. It might have happened in the post but then again, it shouldn't have: if it did, it means it wasn't packaged properly, so I'm going to badger this guy as well :D.

The guy I'm badgering re: the torn copy of "Maskerade" says he's willing to help (he hasn't defined how, but it's a start), however he wants proof of the damage and the damage won't show on camera because of the reflectiveness of the gold leaf :D!!

On a more positive note, I wandered into the bargain bookshop in front of the British Library today and emerged with "Writer's Workshop in a Book: The Squaw Valley Community of Writers on the Art of Fiction", with contributions from the likes of Pulitzer prize-winner Michael Chabon, for

Will it show without a flash BJ? Or under a scanner if you have one?
I've already tried without a flash and it wouldn't show; now, as for a scanner... you're a GENIUS and I love you :lol::friends0::lol:. I recently acquired a printer-copier-scanner for dissertation purposes, it's still in its box as I was waiting for the ink to arrive so I'd pretty much forgotten about it entirely!! Thank you thnk you thank you, I'll give this a shot as it sounds like my best chance so far...

Or, could you put a coloured piece of paper between the tear so that it overlaps one part of the page, and underlaps the other part of the page?
Alas I cannot do this as the book's a hardback, the image in the middle is papery but the tear is not raised, more like top bit of paper and bottom bit of paper are separated by a white line like a key-scratch on a car? But thank you anyway :D.

I nearly considered not posting then I remembered buying counts as book activity. Today I wandered out of Waterstones with Eldest, Untamed and Hunted.