Help Me Decide on a Fantasy Series

Fionen

Yours are the ones I want, Roxi - as ever, great minds think alike! Alas, Forbidden Planet only had volume three with that cover and in tatty condition at that, I'll have to Amazon it I think... loath as I am to do that, given my recent less-than-satisfactory online purchases...

Well, the books do have a lot of swords and sorcery in them :D

Okay, perhaps I should have said "Naff sword and sorcery".

There was a trend in the eighties and early nineties to put somewhat whimsical, airbrushed covers on fantasy books that I particularly dislike (I know these books may be of that era, but this type of cover would stop me picking the book up in the first place).

I much prefer the simpler covers they have now, to my mind they are more striking, and they don't give off the low-budget eighties vibe that is reminiscent of films like Hawk The Slayer and Beastmaster.

But, each to their own I suppose!

I much prefer the simpler covers they have now, to my mind they are more striking, and they don't give off the low-budget eighties vibe that is reminiscent of films like Hawk The Slayer and Beastmaster.

Then I shouldn't point out how enjoyable I found Hawk The Slayer, and even the Beastmaster films ('cept the last one)...