Bargain Books!

Raven

I've had a quick look, but I can't seem to find an appropriate thread for this (could this be pinned, so people can post warnings about different book bargains?).

Just a quick heads-up, but Waterstones have a 3 for 2 on all of their classic novels at the moment.

(And could a friendly Mod also correct my poor spelling in the title!).

Edited by Raven
fingers and thumbs . . .

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Metropolis is having a HUGE summer sale - and when I say huge I mean it took me two hours to look through my favourite genres - which returned me 7 books (all in good, excellent or as new condition) for

Amazon always have some pretty good offers on books because I get an email every week from them with good deals. :lol: On another note I'm making a mental note to stay away from the online sales, otherwise it could mean finding more space.

Edited by Ben

I received an email from Blackwells today to say they've got their fiction on 3 for 2. I was also in Waterstones yesterday and they have the Kelley Armstrong books on 3 for 2 too. Soo many offers and all before pay day! Boooooooooo hissssss (etc etc :D)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest velocipede2288

I have found you can't beat Amazon.com for bargains. Often used books are only one pence, plus postage. Also, charity shops. Bought two Colin Deter's Morse books this week end in a charity shop, they are like new.

And of course, there is the library, that doesn't cost anything.

I have built a substatial library over the years by buying in such a way and from second hadn book shops.

Edited by Michelle
bolding removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone in London, theres a Books etc. in Victoria Station, on the strip of shops just before you go outside and end up facing Colonnade Walk (or whatever it is called) and they are having a closing down sale with discount on almost everything. Most stuff is 10% off but there are some things that are 50% and certain things may be more but I couldn't say for sure about that.

:D

Got myself a stack of Terry Pratchetts earlier and felt everyone should know!

Anyone in London, theres a Books etc. in Victoria Station, on the strip of shops just before you go outside and end up facing Colonnade Walk (or whatever it is called) and they are having a closing down sale with discount on almost everything
How very very interesting, how very sinfully interesting. Shame on you, for making me want to spend money I don't have!!