Tea

Adam

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Drinking a cup of PG Tips Decaf tea as I type, I prefer Coffee, or Cappucino is my first choice, but trying to limit my caffeine intake and Decaff Coffee is the work of the devil every one i've tasted is bitter tasting.

So for a warm drink it's Decaff tea for me at the moment, quite nice even though it doesnt give you a kick drunk with skimmed milk and sweetner I hardly ever add pure sugar cos it gives me an upset stomach.

Cant beat a builders tea full of sugar with a nice big fry up in a greasy spoon Cafe now and again though :smile2:

Edited by Johnny Carson Whit

I tend to drink bog standard tea at work cause its free :smile2: but at home I am addicted to Twinnings Earl Grey mostly because its lighter and refreshing, I also like the Rose Pouchong (not entirely certain of the spelling) but really don't like the Lapseng Sou Chong its far to smokey.

I love tea, especially when I'm sick of coffee hee hee, happens sometimes, plus I never drink coffee after dinner time. :irked:

I love green tea, and have several, with mint, or with papaya and some other exotic fruit, that's great. Peppermint tea, or rooibos are some of my favs too. Earl Grey, sometimes. Cherry and cinnamon tea, love all things cherry and cinnamon sooo.. oh and melon tea, with cantaloupe melon is good for summer days.

I love the tea they call "morrocco" over here, it's got cinnamon and peppermint, thought that would be a disgusting combo, but it's actually nice, if you're in the mood for it.

I love so many teas, I think I might have like 20 different kinds, I really love fruit teas and green teas so there's lot of choice. However what I just can;t stand are teas that have some sort of flower in them. Jasmin, Rose, you name it. I tried, but just makes me feel like I am drinking perfume, especially since I had both Jasmin and Rose perfume in the past. :smile2: So no flower teas for me.

Anyone know how (eglantine) rose hip tea (what a weird name, we call it rozenbottel) tastes? Is it flowery?? Have been meaning to try but am a little hesitant.

I also love tea, but try to avoid the heavily caffeinated stuff as I know that caffeine isn't good for you. I tend to drink Roobosch (sometimes known as Red Bush) which is a South African tea free from caffeine, tanin and virtually everything else. It is a bit of an acquired taste, but is served in exactly the same way as ordinary tea, with milk or lemon (I prefer milk). I have about 3 or maybe 4 mugs a day.

I also love tea, but try to avoid the heavily caffeinated stuff as I know that caffeine isn't good for you. I tend to drink Roobosch (sometimes known as Red Bush) which is a South African tea free from caffeine, tanin and virtually everything else. It is a bit of an acquired taste, but is served in exactly the same way as ordinary tea, with milk or lemon (I prefer milk). I have about 3 or maybe 4 mugs a day.

:irked: We call it Rooibos.. I like it lots. Also nice when there's stuff added to it, you have it in several tastes. Including honey, but am not a fan of honey. Just drink it when I have a sore throat.

I love coffee, and hate de-caf, so could never not drink caffeine.

Also, we here don't drink tea with milk. Ever. Just sugar. Lemon, also not much here, in iced tea yes, but not in hot tea. I learned to drink tea with milk with a friend in the UK, and learned why you guys HAVE to have milk in it.. you make your tea way stronger! We just dip the teabag in water for a little while, don't leave it in there for minutes!

Oh, and why don't you guys have teabags with strings on it, way easier. :smile2:

Also, we here don't drink tea with milk. Ever. Just sugar. Lemon, also not much here, in iced tea yes, but not in hot tea. I learned to drink tea with milk with a friend in the UK, and learned why you guys HAVE to have milk in it.. you make your tea way stronger! We just dip the teabag in water for a little while, don't leave it in there for minutes!

Oh, and why don't you guys have teabags with strings on it, way easier. :smile2:

I think the reason we tend not to have tea bags with strings, is that teapots are ingrained in our psyche, and it's probably only in the last generation who've moved away that. My grandmother didn't even use tea bags for most of her life, always loose leaf tea, poured out with a tea strainer. We've come from a society where tea drinking is a communal, family affair, so teapots are actually more economical anyway.

Wow, you all are so sophisticated, we just have plane teabags here. One type for...everything. But my fav tea got ruined, it's not as tasty as before and I'm quite dissapointed with that. Tea is one thing I looke forward to in the morning, such a great way to begin your day - with a cup of tea, and also, I love the idea of snowy/rainy days spent inside with a cup of great tea (perhaps a book too), so bad tea = sad me xD

But Twinings, thank the Lord, doesn't seem to change so I've at least got that :smile2: Twinings green tea.Yummy.

I like coffee, but prefer a latte or a mocha from a coffeeshop. I should really get myself a coffee machine!

Yep, obtain a coffee maker, Mexicola! They have all different kinds out there now :smile2:. You can even buy a French press if you want. I'm moreso a coffee drinker, but prefer lattes as well.

I don't have a tea pot, but I have an electric kettle so I just heat up water and pour it over my string-less PG Tipps teabag and let it steep away!

:irked: We call it Rooibos.. I like it lots. Also nice when there's stuff added to it, you have it in several tastes. Including honey, but am not a fan of honey. Just drink it when I have a sore throat.

I love coffee, and hate de-caf, so could never not drink caffeine.

Well everyone I know squeezes their tea bags out to make sure it's as strong as possible (and stop it dripping) so you would have to put a spoon in either way.

I have two green teas a day, one with honey in the morning and one without later on. People always say that you need to add milk or sugar and stuff or it tastes rubbish, you just understand that it is full of natural flavour and putting other stuff in defies the point. It's really nice to taste the simplicity of stuff. I usually have the nettle and peppermint ones but am going to try the Twinings and other adventurous choices also :D

Edited by Rawr

I would love to drink green tea as it's meant to be so good for you, but the few times I have tried it, it has always made me feel sick :D

You could try green tea with lemon - I love the Clipper one - it doesn't taste so much like plain green tea, and smells gorgeous.

I tend to drink mostly black teas as already stated, except when I am in Spain where its coffee as the majority of people don't have kettles they don't boil the water but put it in the microwave (urgh!!!) although my aunts don't tend to drink what I consider 'normal tea' they mostly drink 'infusions' which are herbal teas and I like them occasionally after a big family dinner, still not boiling the water....

I could drink tea all day long. It goes well with breakfast and serves as something to warm you up on cold days. I also find it really helps sometimes when I have headaches or my eyes are tired - the wonders of tea! I mostly drink Punjana tea, but all English breakfast teas are lovely. I usually would have 3 or more cups a day - it is my drink of choice!

• 7 months later...

I had English nannies growing up, oui, so making tea was a solemn and lovely ceremony. The beautiful tea pot, mine now is an Alfred Sung, so lovely with tiny flowers on it; the swishing boiling water round and round in the pot to heat it up, then pouring it out. Next put either the loose leaf tea, expensive as possible, a little goes a very long way, into the little mesh holder and drop in, or add the right number of tea bags. Brew a good couple of minutes and then pour out and add what you like, cream or milk, honey or sugar dropped into your pretty cup with tiny tongs. And have with tiny crustless sandwhiches . I remember my grandmama, so Celtic but dressed so very proper English with her flowered dresses and hats and all the other ladies the same. I felt I was in heaven just being allowed to watch. I was little oui, so could not participate, but when the guests had gone there was always some tea left and petite sandwhiches and it was my time and my baby brother's time to have our share. It was heaven to me, a safe hiding place from all the worry and pain of our home.

Now I do the same with my little one or even the older children and it is a quiet lovely moment in our hectic day. My favorite is Red Rose, I like the way it is dried and the taste is so clear and strong and perfect. I like ooh long as well and a good earl grey. Ooshie, I too feel strange in the tummy after green tea, so I like to make it into an iced tea with a good shot of fresh lemon or lime. mmmmmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes: One thing I have taken to heart though, I heard from oriental doctors that it is not wise to drink hot tea alone with nothing to munch on, they said it brings coldness to the lungs. So I have maybe a cracker and piece of cheese with it or a tiny cookie.

Edited by Genevieve

• 2 weeks later...

IF I drink tea, I drink standard Barry's Gold Blend.

I find it funny how tea is a national reassurance in Ireland. People here live off the stuff - I know one girl who stopped drinking it, had withdrawal symptoms and was told to go back on it by a doctor and to ease off more slowly because her system had a shock! It annoys my friend so much. Most of the country lost water this winter at one point or another - and everyone had to buy bottled water obviously enough. His mother kept telling him to boil some for tea and he was raging because he thought it should only be used for cleaning and emergencies. He has a point though, my mother was the same. Living off bottled water but giving up tea was not an option.

I would have thought your friend was having caffeine withdrawal Nolliag, and that can be nasty. I gave up all caffeine, anything with it for about 6 years a long time ago, and I suppose I was fortunate, the worst I had was a headache for about a week. Now, if I go a day without, or even the better part of a day, I'll start a headache.

I'll have to count to be sure, but I have almost a dozen iron teapots, and a couple of dozen china and ceramic teapots. Several are from my grandmother, and her mother, but I've been collecting for years now. I'm trying to slow down. :D Just yesterday I passed up the most adorable small iron teapot at World Market. /patting self on back/ :rolleyes: Of course I can't take full credit, OH had me by the hand and was firmly walking away. :giggle2: