Adam

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am a total teapot too ... I do like the occasional cup of coffee but mostly drink tea at home. Hubby says it's not worth talking to me until I've had my first cup of the morning in fact it's absolutely dangerous.

I've had to switch to de-caf (at home) though because I was getting the jitters.

To me heaven is tea and toast .. I could happily live on it forever. What is it that Nigel Slater says? .. 'it is impossible not to love someone who makes toast for you' .... which I agree with wholeheartedly as long as they serve it with tea.

Chiang Mai is a major tea producing region of Thailand and so I drink lots of locally grown tea. Right now I am drinking green tea. The kind which is just loose tea and water. It is much better for you than tea bags. I also make chrysanthemum tea, which is not really tea at all. it is just chrysanthemum flowers in hot water. You buy a big huge wheel of it about 1/3 of ameter in diameter and tear off flowers from the big wheel. It is supposed to be good for high blood pressure and other things. I never put cream and sugar in hot tea, but if you order Thai tea in restaurant, it is iced tea with tons of milk and sugar.

• 3 years later...

I can't drink many kinds of tea just the way it is. I need something in it. I usually put a little honey in. 

I love the smell of tea, but I haven't found many teas that I love. Many just taste the same. 

But I have some that I like better than others.

Kusmi tea chocolate mint

Glöggte - Glühwein tea (with cinnamon, cardamom, clove)

Gingerbread tea

Tea with blackcurrant

Rooibos blackberry

kusmitea-chocolat-menthe-125g_1.jpg2682263-origpic-a78bbf.jpg_0_0_100_100_26319845-origpic-c3c002.jpg_0_0_100_100_2

Ooooo a tea thread :) My kinda place.

The tea I get usually is from Germany (friend lives there), its a loose leaf but I always forget the name of it.

When money is tighter I like Tea pigs breakfast tea bags. Very nice and smooth.

Budget wise I go for Twinnings Assam strong & mighty or Tesco finest assam. I use agave nectar as the sweetner and soy milk. Sometimes I use honey too.

Great tea website if you are in the UK or Edinburgh: http://www.eteaket.co.uk/

I like good old Tetley's with either a splash of skimmed milk, or a squaaeze of lemon juice and a small dollop of honey. I also occasionally enjoy peppermint or fennel tea, but I have to be in the right mood for them. I usually choose coffee over tea, but if I'm feeling just a tad under the weather, it's tea I'll turn to every time.

What a difference 5 years makes! I'm still a tea girl, but my tastes have definitely changed. Tetley no longer cuts the mustard for me (although it'll do in a pinch), now I'm a Twining's girl, all the way! I especially love their floral teas - Blossom Earl Grey, Rose Garden, Jasmin Earl Grey, Lavendar Earl Grey - along with some of their regulars - Earl Grey, Breakfast and Afternoon blends. I also love their Mulled Spice blend which is wonderfully warming now the colder nights are drawling in.

This is my little collection of Twinings tin caddies, all of which are kept topped up - once I start getting low (the last half dozen bags in each caddy) I have to re-order from the Twinings website, as our local supermarkets don't stock the floral teas at all - shocking!

post-3572-0-25523000-1413906543_thumb.jpg

Dale complains that my tea caddies are taking over the kitchen, but I don't care - I couldn't do without several good cuppas a day - obviously the morning and traditional afternoon blends are used for breakfast and some time around lunch, but I alternate between the others for another one or two cuppas in the evening. All are enjoyed with just the teeniest drop of skimmed milk, except for the mulled spice tea, which also has half a teaspoon of sugar (it really brings out the flavour of the spices!).

The only one I take with a squeeze of lemon is the Lady Grey tea, which I drink very rarely - usually in the summer though.

It's worth mentioning, I also love Twining's hot chocolate - delicious! :)

The two black teas we like are both by Taylors of Harrowgate. Scottish Breakfast and Yorkshire Gold, the tea leaves. For green tea, it's by Frontier, the plain green. Straight up.

Ha ha ha yes. Tea just goes straight through for me.

I knew I couldn't be the only one! Tea is worse (or best, depending on how you look at it) than any other beverage for the bladder. It's like drink one cup - pee 3 cups. 

Anyone else get an over active bladder because of tea?

LOL Never heard of that one. Thankfully, no. :D

Right now we are in Starbucks, I'm drinking a White Chocolate Mocha Latte, a triple. Yum.

That sounds a lot better than a cup of tea. :)

It's all in the time of day! :D

Nothing but a strong cup of hot, black tea will do me in the morning. I like "stand the spoon up in it" tea. :D

• 2 years later...

The nibble box company Graze send out a fantastic afternoon tea blend (in a bag) along with their cake squares.  The tea has a hint of citrus to it, and is delicious.  Graze also sell the teabags separately.

My everyday tea is Tesco's Assam, with soya milk.  If I'm feeling fruity, then I'll have a cup of Twinings Cranberry & Blood Orange (my favourite of theirs), or something similar.

Very occasionally I'll have a green tea, but I have to be in the right mood for it!

I love tea. I drink a lot of rooibos at work, since I can't over steep that. I don't like it bland, it tastes weird to me, but I like it with vanilla, almond and currently as a winter blend with cardamon and cinnamon in it.

At home I drink a lot of green teas, Sencha, Bancha and Gunpowder, but also oolong and yellow tea. I like black tea too, but it has to be pretty mild. I can't stand Assams and Earl Greys.

Also, I only ever put milk into chai blends. Otherwise it's just a little pinch of dark rock sugar for me.