Tea

Adam

What's wrong with a dash of cow juice?! (as P J O'Rourke put it!).

I tend to buy Twinings tea, and at the moment have a box of Assam, and like Roxi I have two to three cups a day (sometimes more) and add both milk and sugar.

I've tried to kick the sugar habit on more than one occasion, but after 30 odd years of drinking tea, I just can't drink the stuff without it.

But back to Adam's original question, I don't know if you can get them in Canada, but Twinings do a great range of different teas.

You can even sign up for t-mails! (did you see what they did there, very funny!).

Thanks for the suggestions. Twinings teas are all over the place here. At one shop there is a wall full of them. I always get so confused. ;)

I like the t-mails joke too! :D

I have tried Lemon and Ginger, which packs a punch. I think Lucybird mentioned this one a page back.

I always drink my tea plain. I never put anything in it. I even drink my coffee plain. No milk, no cream, no sugar. Just give it to me straight! ;)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only time I have a caffeinated cup of tea is when I have a bad migraine as this gets rid of it very quickly.

I have the EXACT opposite problem.. Isn't that funny? ;) I can't have caffeine because it causes migraines for me. I've found a Twinings honey, chamomile, & vanilla tea that is decaf and soo yummy.. I drink about a cup per day on average.

I was put off tea with milk when we lived/worked in London. I found the scum stuff on the top offputting. We ended up using a water filter at home. So used to our softer water up here.

Anyway if it is just normal tea, just have that on its own, black. Earl / Lady Grey I quite like with a slice of lemon. I have also acquired a taste for Red Bush tea by The Red Bush Tea Company and just drink it as it comes. Supposedly caffiene free too.

Sweetiepie ~ Melrose teabags are really nice tea. I try to get them too if I can. Think Sainsbury's usually have them.

I hate tea.

Me too! ;) The smell of it turns my stomach.

I bought hubby a cup of tea whilst on holiday last year and put sugar in it because he has it in his coffee. He nearly up-chucked as he hates sweet tea and I didn't know... we'd been married for 20 years at that time! :D

I love coffee though - strong and black!

The only tea I have with milk is Chai, and I just use my own milk, which is nonfat. Otherwise, I have all my tea with either sugar or honey.

Sometimes I drink a lot of tea. When it's cold. To get going at work.

I have two favourites, green tea+lemon and rooibos. Most kinds of tea benefit from a little lemon in my opinion, but not rooibos. I never use milk, and sugar only if I have to drink the poison they call tea on a plane.

I never drink coffee. If there's a fancy dinner and others get coffee+cognac, I like to have a little vermouth in my tea. Mind you, that needs to be basic tea, like earl grey for example.

tea with milk and sugar?! it's like im from a different planet. i just drink my tea with some boiling water and its fantastic! i usually drink either green tea, jasmine or brown riced tea YUMMM

I really like jasmine tea :lol:

Though I'm mostly a coffee person I do like a nice cuppa tea, mainly the interesting ones... favourites include: Christmas tea (I wish I could find this in shops, mum gets it in little ribboned sachets in hampers and such, it's gorgeous, tastes a lot like Lebkuchen - spicey German Christmas cookies, with cinnamon in them and all sorts of nice things and icing on top - in a mug), and Twinings Lemon & Ginger/Sweet Fennel.

I hate tea. I can sometimes stomach lemon tea but the smell of teabags and tea really makes me feel ill. I really hate milk so I think that might play a part too. I sometimes drink black coffee but mostly I stick to water or pop.

Coffee is definitely my drink of choice but I do have a cup of tea occasionally. If I'm buying it in the store, I just buy what I know since I hate to waste money experimenting on something I might hate. I get PG Tipps, and I take it with milk and 2 heaping spoonfuls of honey :).

I finally found a tea that was strong enough for me without being too sharp. Taylors of Harrogate's Scottish Breakfast Tea. I brew a pot in the morning and drink it up by evening usually. Plain, no sugar, honey or milk.

I haven't had milk in tea since I was about 10 years old, just don't care for the combination.

Although I drink my coffee black, I do enjoy cafe au lait on occasion, like right now. :motz:

• 9 months later...

I knew there was a tea thread somewhere. It didn't pop up when I searched. Twinnings is giving away free tea ta the moment on their website here. Am going to get the breakfast blend but don't know which other to try.

Grrrrrrrr! I tried to do this, but it won't let me complete the order for some stupid reason! Keeps telling me to enter my address - I HAVE ENTERED MY ADDRESS!!!!

I drink either Twinings Assam (like a stronger, maltier tasting blended tea like PG Tips or Typhoo, so suitable with milk) or Ceylon (lighter and a sweeter taste, but still good with milk).

I also love peppermint tea, green tea and also lemon flavoured green tea.