The Hobbit

Raven

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I LOVE Stephan Fry - I am going to be unbearable to live with until December 2012!

December 2013 for the second part!

I look forward to seeing The Hobbit, I wish it was only one film though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, how do you turn a 300 page book into three films? I know Jackson is also covering other events in the films that aren't covered directly in the book (such as where Gandalf goes etc), but I'm nervous he is going to over-egg it now.

It just annoys me how they leave such a gap between movie releases. I know it's all about money, but by the time the next one comes out I've completely forgotten what happened in the first. It's like reading books that have several volumes, I have to read them one after another or I get completely lost. Yeah, yeah, old age creeping in, I know!! :blush2:

I am so looking forward to these films :D I'm okay with two films but three? Hopefully Jackson will do it right though, I loved Lord of the Rings so much! I will have to read the book beforehand though, it's been years since I've read it :P

Raven, goodness gracious, is that right???? Whatever next? :doh:

I've heard interesting things about something called "The Internet". Apparently you can go surfing there; I think it may be a bit like Interrail.

Blu-ray - Raven's behind the times :giggle2:

I didn't want to take the wee!* (my Blu-ray box set of Space 1999 arrived this morning!).

*Too much . . .

I've heard interesting things about something called "The Internet". Apparently you can go surfing there; I think it may be a bit like Interrail.

Yes, I've heard mention of the 'Intertubes' and 'surfing the web'. All sounds rather confusing and far too strenuous. I imagine it more like a hydroslide.

Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson has confirmed that there will be a third ‘Hobbit’ film. He made the statement whilst sitting atop a pile of money and rubbing his hands together gleefully whilst murmuring, "My preciousssssss....!"

ROFLMAO!!!

3!!! But HOW. I could understand 2 but 3?! Even if he includes Gandalfs Gray Counsel how will he make 3 block busters about 12 dwarves who travel armed with nothing else then kitchen knives and outsmart spiders an a dragon? I hope he remembers that The Hobbit is by far not as dark and overly epic as Lord Of The Rings. I heard that guy who played Arther Dent in the Hitchhiker film and dr, Watson in BBC's Sherlock is going to play Bilbo.

3!!! But HOW. I could understand 2 but 3?!

Yes this seems a bit over the top. You could put all of the story into one film, but I maybe 2 films might be better. However, how could you expand the story so that it fits into 3 films? Seems like Peter Jackson is trying to squeeze as much money out of cinema goers as possible.

I don't believe his motivation is money.

I suspect - as with King Kong - he just want's to tell the story as best he can and he thinks three films is the best way to do that (the studio that is funding it, however, I suspect are just in it for the cash).

Problem is, he let King Kong get away from him and I'm hoping that doesn't happen again here.

Yeah, I'd heard about that. Talk about milking it :rolleyes:

.. again! :roll2: .. it's a much smaller book than TLOTR .. surely two is all that's needed. He knows I'm going to sit my bum on a cinema seat for all three of them and buy the extended DVD's (after I've bought the normal one's of course :D) .. he's worse than the bankers. He owes me .. King Kong was one of the worst cinema experiences of my life .. so not worth numbing my bum for :D

He knows I'm going to sit my bum on a cinema seat for all three of them and buy the extended DVD's

He knows us fans to well I'm afraid for I will do the same.

I would like to think he's not doing it for money reasons, but I do think the story could have been told in two movies, even if they were two and a half hours long or so. I know he's including other Middle Earth stuff that is not in The Hobbit, so maybe that will account for more time.

I would like to think he's not doing it for money reasons, but I do think the story could have been told in two movies, even if they were two and a half hours long or so. I know he's including other Middle Earth stuff that is not in The Hobbit, so maybe that will account for more time.

Oh Lord, don't tell me he's thought up a way of sticking Tom Bombadil & Goldberry in? :D

Ha, I'm not sure. This article gives some more information. It looks like the material will come from the appendices to the Lord of the Rings and will include 'more of Bilbo's story, more about the Dwarves of Erebor, the rise of the Necromancer and the Battle of Dol Guldur'.