Twilight - The Poll!

Twilight...  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Twilight...

• Yes I've read it, and I love it!
    • Yes I've read it, and it was just ok.
    • Yes I've read it, and I didn't like it.
    • No, I've not read it, and I don't intend to!
    • I haven't read it, but I will eventually.
    • Other.. (please state)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you can disqualify Rawr's vote as he's obviously in denial. He loves sparklies but just hasn't fully come to the realization yet ;).

:lurker: Yay, Nici! Do me a favor and watch it next time with the commentary on, okay? Then come back and let us know what you thought :).

I believe you can disqualify Rawr's vote as he's obviously in denial. He loves sparklies but just hasn't fully come to the realization yet :lurker:

Rawr not only loves sparklies, he's jealous he has none. ;)

I think maybe it's this addiction / obsessional thing which annoys me the most about Twilight.. and slightly concerns me too!!

I agree, this is what bothers me the most.

I haven't read it and I don't intend to.....EVER.

I was going to vote '...and don't intend to', but I thought I should be honest with myself.

I dread the time when I will read it, as it has inflamed passions on this forum that are frankly quite scary! :)

But I reckon the day will arrive when I'm pootling in a charity shop book section, and there the first books of the the series will be sitting, with a price that cries out to me.

Yes that day will come, but hopefully not for a while yet. ;)

This pretty much sums me up!

I voted: I haven't read and don't intend to which is more or less true.I started it and got to about page 80 and couldn't go any further. It just wasn't for me, sorry Twilight-ers! :lurker:

I feel a little better to know that there is at least 1 person who has been able to resist the Twilight obsession!

Other: yes, I read 120 pages of book one, found it atrocious, and deliberated never to pick it up again, even if it was the last book to have survived the great book-eating zombie Apocalypse ;).

Other: yes, I read 120 pages of book one, found it atrocious, and deliberated never to pick it up again, even if it was the last book to have survived the great book-eating zombie Apocalypse ;).

That's a definitive 'don't like it' then :D

I love Twilight - not ashamed to admit it either, I know I'm more than old enough to know better but who cares!

I think maybe it's this addiction / obsessional thing which annoys me the most about Twilight.. and slightly concerns me too!!

I agree, this is what bothers me the most.

I haven't read it and I don't intend to.....EVER.

:ditto:I haven't read it & have absolutely no intention of reading it. The obsession thing definately puts me off & to be honest, is one of the things I dislike the most about this place. It seems that almost every single thread some how manages to gravitate to bloody Twilight at some point!

I voted 'read it and loved it'. It's surprising to see that 11 people voted 'haven't read it and don't intend to'. I didn't know there were so many of you. I guess you don't feel the need to talk about you not reading something when you're not interested in it.

I'd be happy to see some of the anti-Twilight people reading the books but I do understand that 'bullying' them into reading it is only going to reinforce their dislike.

I have never read it and I don't plan to. I have nothing against it, it just does not interest me.

;) I can't even say it would be one of thoses books which I might pick up at a later date.

I voted 'no and don't intend to'. Although I like young adult books, the vampire genre doesn't temp me.

I think the interest is only like it was with Harry Potter (which I loved). I expect that was as obsessional with each new book like this is. Once the saga is finished (if it isn't already) it will die down a bit, I'm sure. ;)

I voted 'no and don't intend to'. Although I like young adult books, the vampire genre doesn't temp me.

I think the interest is only like it was with Harry Potter (which I loved). I expect that was as obsessional with each new book like this is. Once the saga is finished (if it isn't already) it will die down a bit, I'm sure. ;)

Yeah I agree, although we might have to wait until the films are all out. Although I loved the books I wouldn't say I'm obsessed - I haven't re-read them or anything. To be honest, I've read loads of great books this year, these were just a few of them

It's surprising to see that 11 people voted 'haven't read it and don't intend to'.

Being serious for a moment, I'm surprised there aren't more, because the books themselves are aimed at a very specific market (that primarily being teenage girls). The Twilight books don't have the same cross-gender appeal that the Potter books did, and I don't think they really appeal to older readers either.

I didn't intend to read them, but I was persuaded and found them to be very average. They're OK for a bit of escapsim, but I don't think they're anyhing special. It's one case where I actually preferred the film to the book.

Being serious for a moment, I'm surprised there aren't more, because the books themselves are aimed at a very specific market (that primarily being teenage girls). The Twilight books don't have the same cross-gender appeal that the Potter books did, and I don't think they really appeal to older readers either.

Ah.. but going by this forum, they DO appeal to older readers.

Ah.. but going by this forum, they DO appeal to older readers.

I'm not saying they don't appeal to older readers, the point I am trying to make is that they are more popular with younger readers and that they don't have the same across-the-board appeal that the Potter books do.

Also, these forums, by and large, aren't made up of teenage readers so I would expect a higher proportion of older to younger readers here than there may be amongst Twilight's general fan base.

I think we should be clear that we have nothing against our lovely forum members who are fans of Twilight. And it has nothing to do with the books themselves. It's really only the obsession thing that bothers those of us who are non-Twilight fans: all the avatars, the constant discussion of RP, etc. It does feel sometimes that the forum is being overrun by Twilight fanatics!

Even so, I would never tell someone to stop discussing something they love, especially when it's a book!! ;)