Twilight - The Poll!

Twilight...  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Twilight...

• Yes I've read it, and I love it!
    • Yes I've read it, and it was just ok.
    • Yes I've read it, and I didn't like it.
    • No, I've not read it, and I don't intend to!
    • I haven't read it, but I will eventually.
    • Other.. (please state)

I voted for "Yes I've read it, and it was just ok."

My reasoning for this is due mostly to how the storyline progressed. A big build up into something that in my opinion was a cop out to conclude the series. It was an easy series to read and without it I never would have looked into The Host, which I preferred to these books. I believe that the biggest reason for the hype (And this is years later, but it still seems to be rather strong with the movies still going) is what Meyer does for the vampire. Before this it was the whole blood sucking creature of the night which can appeal to some but not a general masses. Making them "sparkle" and having "gifts" probably drew in a larger crowd that would otherwise think, "Vampire books? But I'm afraid of the dark!" I have to say that the way Meyer did it was comical enough for me not to be saying "WRONG" after every sentence.

A friend of mine basically said she wanted a guys opinion of the books so she lent me Twilight which I returned to her the following week. After a brief discussion and her tale of the rest of the story I asked to borrow the rest of the series which I tore through. So even though I may not have thoroughly enjoyed it, I did read them all and basically one right after the other within that following week. I am rather glad that this sparked the "Vampire Craze" because without it I never would have found several other series I happen to enjoy.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the twilight saga. i've read and re-read them a few times. twilight is my favourite of the books because i just love how edward and bella fall in love. i'll probably get around to reading them again but my book list at the moment is soooo long.