Twilight - The Poll!

Twilight...  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Twilight...

• Yes I've read it, and I love it!
    • Yes I've read it, and it was just ok.
    • Yes I've read it, and I didn't like it.
    • No, I've not read it, and I don't intend to!
    • I haven't read it, but I will eventually.
    • Other.. (please state)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've voted but I've not idea what the series is about - I've tried to stay away from Twilight threads, and can't honestly say I will miss out if I don't read them.

I loved it, although I do find the writing a little immature at times. I guess the allure of the book is due more to Edward than the storyline itself.

The poll was telling though, only 1 person said that he/she hated the series after reading it; most people who actually read the series loved it! Since an overwhelming 87.1% of those who've read the series and loved it (this is making me sound really geeky), I conclude that you have to read them to love them. :D

Well, soon after I started this poll, I decided I should take a look.. I read just over 11 chapters, and have happily put it down again, to move onto other things. Maybe I have to read more, but at this point, I still don't get the interest or the obsession. Sorry!

I simply cannot bring myself to consider reading them. I think I've been battered by too many people saying how wonderful they are (all female, none male - which may have a bearing, as awful as that sounds).

I'm not brilliant with tortured, teenage angst, either. Programmes like Dawson's Creek, The OC and all that jazz wound me up something chronic - not that I'm assuming it's full of very pretty people talking about really "deep" things, it's just....

Groan....I just don't really want to read them. Sorry. :D

• 3 weeks later...
I simply cannot bring myself to consider reading them. I think I've been battered by too many people saying how wonderful they are (all female, none male - which may have a bearing, as awful as that sounds).

I'm not brilliant with tortured, teenage angst, either. Programmes like Dawson's Creek, The OC and all that jazz wound me up something chronic - not that I'm assuming it's full of very pretty people talking about really "deep" things, it's just....

Groan....I just don't really want to read them. Sorry. :D

I've read them Mac and even though I kind of liked them I would advise you to steer clear.

Twilight addict here too :D

Yay!

I have also turned my sister to the dark side - I handed her all 4 books and the dvd back in May, I'm still waiting to get them back :blush: Mind you, I now have someone to go and see New Moon with :D

I have also turned my sister to the dark side - I handed her all 4 books and the dvd back in May, I'm still waiting to get them back :P Mind you, I now have someone to go and see New Moon with :blush:

Hee hee I have turned my sister as well and she is coming to see New Moon with me as well. :motz:

I have even turned Robbie, in so much as he loves the DVD, stole the soundtrack off me and wants to come and see New Moon as well. Although he is Team Jacob, but probably just to annoy me lol! :motz:

Team Jacob?????????????? No! My sister's hubby keeps sending me texts saying he's a Jake fan - neither of us are too impressed with him but then again my sister has apparently made him sit through the film several times :blush: