Clare Sambrook - Hide & Seek

Janet

Hide & Seek by Clare Sambrook

I hope you will forgive me for not writing much of a review, but I don't want to give too much away!

This is Clare Sambrook's debut novel.

The synopsis of the book is:

Meet Harry Pickles, aged nine and a bit. Harry is the fastest boy runner in the world (probably), first son of Mo and Pa (the best-looking parents in the school car park), big brother to Daniel (who runs like a girl but is, in his own twerpy way, a star). His life is good. He's premier league. At least, that's the way it was before the school trip...Clare Sambrook's unforgettable first novel captures with startling truth and clarity the perspective of a confused nine-year-old. Poignant and personal, "Hide and Seek" resonates with authenticity and a brutal honesty that manages to be harrowing, life-affirming and funny.

More info

Essentially it's a book about how a family move on after a tragedy.

I think that if you liked 'The Curious Incident...' then you might like this. I only started it yesterday and I never read books that quickly, but I couldn't stop reading it!

The paperback is 288 pages long and is published by Canongate Books Ltd. The ISBN number is 1841956953.

9/10

This sounds rather interesting. And if it's likened to TCIotDitNT, I'll probably enjoy it a lot.

Well, it certainly reminded me of it, but perhaps that's just me?! It's written from a child's point of view and has the same sort of innocence about it.

• 5 weeks later...