SueK

Greatest love story ever written?

110 posts in this topic

I wish I was triplets! That way I could get to some of these great :readingtwo:  I haven't enjoyed  yet. :smile:

What about the Outlander series?

True love through time is pretty hard to beat.

You'd have to go some to beat Dickens' David Copperfield.

Perhaps . . The Odyssey by Homer? Husband and wife reunited after years of tumult and tragedy. Punished by the Gods (no deity likes smart people!) for being smarter than your average Grecian, Odysseus just wants to get home to his wife and son after the Trojan war. He does, eventually, and they all live happily ever after - I'd like to think!

A love story that I found to be truly amazing is a relative newby called The Notebook, so lovely I could not stop going on about it.

A love story that I found to be truly amazing is a relative newby called The Notebook, so lovely I could not stop going on about it.

My mom loved the movie and has been after me to read the book!

I have watched the film a few times now, even managed to get hubby to sit through a bit of it with me, as long as he did not talk. :smile:

100% agree! Allie and Noah are the best, such a beautiful story. 

A slightly quirky but nevertheless wonderful story of true love is Eternal on the Water by Joseph Monninger.

Of the books I have read I would have to say "Tale of two Cities", Dickens way of telling a story, his way with words may never come our way again.

Although in a more modern time "the Notebook" was a wonderful touching story , but I would have to say the making of the movie did nothing to enhance the story.

I kind of wished I never watched the movie. Having recognizable characters play the parts maybe, not sure but something about it spoiled the story a little, for me.