Everything Wine

Thats amazingly priced, couldnt import it that cheap for our company.

I kept the invoice for 2 of the cases. If you look closely you will find that I was going to buy a case of LaLagune and changed my mind. It turned out that LaLagune was one of the great wines of the Century. Even so, the Bon Pasteur and Branaire Ducru were also great wines. When I bought the wines it was as "Wine Futures" as the wine was still in the cask yet and had not been bottled. It was undoubtedly the best wine purchase I ever made.

871av15.jpg

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, did anyone notice the mistake the store made on my invoice when they made out the bill:

$130 + $129 = $159 ........it should have been.......$259

It was one of the greatest bargains in wine purchase that I ever made for the greatest wine that I ever had.

Muggles, I do not usually like Chardonnay much. However I liked the Trivento one. If you do try it, let me know what you think.

We had the Trivento Chardonnay tonight. It was ok but I would not give it a rating above 86. I believe that the Trivento Malbec's and Shiraz wines are much, much better than the Chardonnay that we had.

I agree Muggles, but I usually do not really go for whites. For me their Shiraz is the best of their wines.

If you can find them try one of the white wines from Spain, specifically :

Nora.............or.............Las Brisas

http://winelibrary.com/reviewwine.asp?item=1261

http://www.funwithwine.com/letter.asp?HeaderID=13

We enjoy those 2 wines very much.

My Uncle passed away last week and we attended the funeral last Saturday. We drove 1003 miles up and back to attend the funeral. The evening before the funeral we had dinner at my niece's house with her and her husband. They treated us to some of their homemade wine. We opened a bottle each of a Dandelion and an Ice Wine. I want to tell you it was smooth as all get out and is an excellent after dinner drink....awesome in fact. The alcohol content is probably between 15 and 17%. They gave me a bottle of their Dandelion and another of the Elderberry Blossom wine to bring home with us. They showed me their wine cellar where they have around 400 bottles total of their homemade wine. I would love to have a bottle of the Strawberry Dandelion and hope to get a bottle of it this summer when we visit. I made a list of all the different wines they have made. These are the homemade wines they have in their cellar:

Grove Chapel Wines

Ice Wine

Dandelion

Strawberry Dandelion

Raspberry

Blueberry

Rasp Blue Berry

Blackberry

Blackberry Isabella

Isabella

Peach

Pear

Watermelon

Elderberry

Elderberry Blossom

Strawberry Rhubarb

Mixed Black

Pomodoro

Chablis

Chenin Blanc

Barbera

Merlot

Niagara

Concord

A Little Of Everything

I scanned an image of the label from one of my bottles. it was kinda hard to scan from a bottle......LOL.

8fzefkg.jpg

I'm going to make Damson Gin next year. We had some at my neighbour's and we have two damson trees so that seems like an ideal use for the fruit - in fact I'm thinking Christmas presents for next year!:lol:

Put me down for one, Judy :D. We got a bottle of sloe gin this Christmas, and it's rather nice, if a little potent, I have to say! (and you have no idea how many times I've had to type this before I got it right :lol:).

I too have suffered 'drunken ramblings' (noticed edit reason) from drinking sloe gin - my friend makes it and years ago she got me to drink quite a bit - by the end of the evening I had no secrets - I'd revealed them all!;)

We opened a bottle each of a Dandelion and an Ice Wine. I want to tell you it was smooth as all ......

I have heard of this Ice Wine. Have seen a TV programme showing the picking of the grapes when they are all frozen in the middle of the night. - Quite impressive. Apparently the taste makes up for the hard(er) work, and the risks involved.

I have heard of this Ice Wine. Have seen a TV programme showing the picking of the grapes when they are all frozen in the middle of the night. - Quite impressive. Apparently the taste makes up for the hard(er) work, and the risks involved.

My niece and her husband purchased the the frozen grapes (juice) when they made the Ice Wine. They were expensive to purchase. I have priced some Ice Wine made in Canada and it is too expensive for me. This is a good article on the Ice Wines:

http://www.winesofcanada.com/icewine.html

It is expensive, but seeing as how only just a drop can be squeezed from each grape, I would have imagined that it would be expensive.

How does it taste Muggles?

OMG, it was great. It is more an after dinner drink because it is sweet but oh so smooth. I am not a fan of sweet wines but their homemade wines including the Ice Wine are so good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a mixed case of wine last week, all reds.

Fratelli Pinot Noir.................................................1

Fratelli Chianti Montalbano....................................1

Anakena Pinot Noir...............................................3

Courtney Benham Pinot Noir Signature Series............1

Bridgman Merlot...................................................1

Vasco Sassetti Rosso di Montalcino.........................3

Terra-Barossa Shiraz............................................2

We had the Fratelli Chianti with dinner this week, it was ok but not great. I probably will not buy it again, but then maybe I will, as my wife liked it. :)

Edit: My wife really liked the Fratelli chianta so I will give it a little better rating and classify it as a buy.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone can get this outside NZ but Kathy Linskey Pinot Gris is one of the nicest Pinos Gris I have had.

Not sure how this happened but we have in our possession a couple of bottles of Veuve Cliquot which I love. Because its so damn expensive I keep on staring at the bottles on my shelf instead of drinking it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just going to get O's to open the Chilean Sauvignon Blanc that's been cooling in the fridge.

I'm all for the Chilean wines right now, my favourite being the merlots they have been producing. I haven't had a bad one yet, although that doesn't mean I should stop searching :D

• 1 month later...

Try this wine. We had a wine and cheese party last night and we served different types of Rose wine. This Rose was absolutely wonderful, try some. Great for summer drinking.

Domaine St Antoine Rose - France - 2007...... $8.97 per bottle.

I'm all for the Chilean wines right now, my favourite being the merlots they have been producing. I haven't had a bad one yet, although that doesn't mean I should stop searching ;)

Have you tried any of the Carmen