Everything Wine

Rennie and Dogmatix, there is a spanish wine called 'Sangre de Toro' in other words, bull's blood. So you're both right!

It's absolutely delish!!!

Yes, there certainly is. I used to drink it a number of years ago and it was a fine "drinking" wine. I haven't had any for many a year now.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it too. (If it is the one I am referring to it has a little plastic bull attached to the cork)

Yes, that is the one. It has a little black plastic bull attached to the neck of the bottle. I used to annoy my wife by placing the little bull in places around the house and she would always remove it and, magically, it would re-appear.

Muggle, I read your opening post here. I get the Marques de Caseres Rioja at Costco and it's a very enjoyable red wine. :)

There's this sparkling muscato called "Bug Juice" that I really like, too.

For my everyday wine in the summer, I enjoy Beringer white zinfandel. But as the weather cools, I don't drink as much wine. I go for the heavier stuff a bit more...Jameson's Irish Whisky, Southern Comfort or Johnnie Walker Gold Label.

We were in Washington, DC today for our semi-annual Doctor's appointment and while there (in DC) bought some wine at our favorite Wine Shop:

$12.99 Valminor - Albarino White Spain

$12.99 Burgans - Albarino White Spain

$11.99 NAIA Rueda - Verdejo White Spain

$9.99 Mano A Mano - Tempranillo Spain

$7.99 Vega Sindoa - Tempranillo / Merlot Spain

$7.99 Torres Sangre de Toro

The 2 bottles of Albarino are similar to the Nora white wine that I have raved about (recommended to me by Dogmatix) and the wine store rated these 2 wines higher than Nora...we shall see.

The NAIA Rueda was recommended to me by the wine expert at the shop.

The Mano A Mano red wine was also recommended to me by the same guy who also told me that the Sangre DE Toro doesn't sell much anymore due to the flood of better red wines from Spain....and I always used to enjoy the Toro. :)

We were in Washington, DC today for our semi-annual Doctor's appointment and while there (in DC) bought some wine at our favorite Wine Shop:

The 2 bottles of Albarino are similar to the Nora white wine that I have raved about (recommended to me by Dogmatix) and the wine store rated these 2 wines higher than Nora...we shall see.

The Mano A Mano red wine was also recommended to me by the same guy who also told me that the Sangre DE Toro doesn't sell much anymore due to the flood of better red wines from Spain....and I always used to enjoy the Toro. :)

Nice little shopping excursion muggle and you know how much I love DC. I'm jealous! BTW hubby and I have decided to build a new home. I'll email you the front running plans when I get them uploaded. Then we can have you guys over for dinner.

Maureen wrote
got very tipsy on Argentinian Misty Peak yesterday. Anyone tried it?

No I haven't - is it a red??

Having a glass of Hardy's Voyage - Cabernet Sauvignon

Following is a description of the wine that Maureen got a little "tipsy" :) on:

Style: Soft & Supple Reds

Grapes: Cabernet Sauvignon

Description: A very fruity wine showing soft and juicy flavours through to the finish

Region: Mendoza

Nice little shopping excursion muggle and you know how much I love DC. I'm jealous! BTW hubby and I have decided to build a new home. I'll email you the front running plans when I get them uploaded. Then we can have you guys over for dinner.

Sounds great. I love to look at house plans and, if I must say so, am pretty good at interpreting them and frequently making suggestions.

The wine I bought in DC was just a few bottles to sample so that I have a better idea of what to buy when they have their yearly wine sale which starts in mid-October. :badmood:

I'm attending a veterinary surgery conference in early October in DC, staying in Alexandria, so by all means make some good wine recommendations, and tell me again the name of your favorite wine shop (you mentioned it to me somewhere else :wink: )

(We're having 4 week old lion cubs at the hospital on Saturday. I'll post pics)

Maureen wrote

No I haven't - is it a red??

Having a glass of Hardy's Voyage - Cabernet Sauvignon

Following is a description of the wine that Maureen got a little "tipsy" :) on:

Description: A very fruity wine showing soft and juicy flavours through to the finish

that's the one.

Maureen wrote

My oh has been there and did not buy any wine!!!

I had a couple of bottles of Erdinger hefeweizen last night, which were lovely but not wine. I'm desperately trying to reduce the amount of stuff I'm taking when I move house. White or red wine tonight, no idea what, though.

Freewheeling, I am sure there are a few people that will gladly help you reduce your inventory. :)