Everything Wine

Any one tried Trivento from Argentina?

No, but I shall try to find one of their Malbec wines. It looks interesting and I do enjoy a nice malbec.

I did some research and found that Trivento is a fairly new Winery in Argentina and run by Concho y Toro of Chile.

http://www.banfivintners.com/trivento/history.html

Pontalbo, I would really recommend that you find a nice wine store and buy your wine rather than buying something online. Try your 'Yellow Pages" :)

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was very nice Judy, went down well :)

Just having a small drop of a liqueur we bought at a fair today, it's called black mountain and it's an apple and blackcurrent brandy. It's a bit syrupy but the taste is lovely. I also picked up a bottle of blackcurrent wine because it looked tasty. Mmmm

Having a glass of Tall Gum Shiraz, it's one of our best sellers.

Not my favourite best ever, but it is quite nice. Mmmmmm

Just did a Google on the wine and it was rated very well. Now I have another wine to look for when in the wine store.

Just having a small drop of a liqueur we bought at a fair today, it's called black mountain and it's an apple and blackcurrent brandy. It's a bit syrupy but the taste is lovely.

It wasn't the one by Celtic Wines was it? If so I know it well from visiting food fairs! Bought it for my mum for Christmas.

Yes that's the company. I've had the pleasure of trying their whisky and poteen (have I spelt that right?) - strong stuff but good. I'd say that the brandy is the tastiest though.

How's your OU going?

Yes it's always a relief to get an assignment under your belt. Do they still cover Human Geography, Psychology, Sociology, Economics and Politics on the foundation course? Are you thinking of continuing with social science courses?

I'm going to Total Wine in the morning! So excited!

Well don't keep it a secret. What did you buy. :)

Maureen, what a coincidence. Every Wednesday our paper has a food section and today one of the advertisements by a grocery store (Harris Teeter - for dogmatix info) included an advertisement for the Trivento wine. Tomorrow we go grocery shopping and I will get a bottle of the wine.

Maureen, what a coincidence. Every Wednesday our paper has a food section and today one of the advertisements by a grocery store (Harris Teeter - for dogmatix info) included an advertisement for the Trivento wine. Tomorrow we go grocery shopping and I will get a bottle of the wine.

Let me know what you think. (Hey it is not special occasion/anniversary wine for the connosseurs, but I liked it!)

Well don't keep it a secret. What did you buy. :)

A case of Diamond Claret and a couple of nice cigars for my husband:smile2:

Harris Teeter has a wine club Muggs, If you join your get % off on ... oh I can't remember exactly but it's something or other. I keep meanig to join. I'll let you know.

Thanks Pedigree (dogmatix to some). I will sign up.

Maureen, they didn't have the "Shiraz-Malbec" but I did get a bottle of the "Malbec" by Triventa. I will let you know when I get a chance to try it.

I have a nice bottle of Chanti waiting to be opened next week :)

And even better it didn't cost me anything because my Dad ran a Cheese and Wine evening last weekend and they had a few bottles of the wine left over so he bought one round for me!!!! Great!

Thanks Pedigree (dogmatix to some). I will sign up.

Maureen, they didn't have the "Shiraz-Malbec" but I did get a bottle of the "Malbec" by Triventa. I will let you know when I get a chance to try it.

We were invited out to dinner on Sunday and I took 2 bottles of wine. One of which was the Triventa Malbec. The wine was very enjoyable and everyone liked it. It went well with the grilled steak. Unfortunately I only got to have 1 glass of the wine. :blush: