The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

RCee

Oh no!!!! I hope not! I have picked it up fom the library and have to read it! I find it difficult to get into a book if it is a slow start :irked:

Once you get past the first 40 pages it is a thing of beauty- perfect crime writing. 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' is even better and will leave you gagging to read the third one...Promise!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you get past the first 40 pages it is a thing of beauty- perfect crime writing. 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' is even better and will leave you gagging to read the third one...Promise!

Ok thanks. I have been holding back reading it and I still have a fair bit of time until I have to give it back to the library. But I will start it soon. I think it is also daunting because I have the hardback edition and it is HUUUUUUGGGGEEEE!!!! :D I nearly broke my back carrying it home!

Ok thanks. I have been holding back reading it and I still have a fair bit of time until I have to give it back to the library. But I will start it soon. I think it is also daunting because I have the hardback edition and it is HUUUUUUGGGGEEEE!!!! :D I nearly broke my back carrying it home!

You must have a splendid library! Our one's rubbish and you have to wait for the dawn of the new millenium to be in with a sniff of a new title:lol: Mind that back!!!

You must have a splendid library! Our one's rubbish and you have to wait for the dawn of the new millenium to be in with a sniff of a new title:lol: Mind that back!!!

No my library is tiny as it is a village/ town one. But it is linked to all the libraries across the area including the city ones. So I can reserve online and wait a while and I do get it. They are pretty quick in getting them in.

As for my back, I can still feel the twinges now! I think my mouth dropped when I saw the size of it, bearing in mind that it is a hardback edition. I could use it for a doorstop :D

• 2 weeks later...

Girl with a Dragon Tattoo was a superb read - finished it at 3am on the ferry coming home from holiday as simply couldn't put it down. Lisabeth is a brilliant character. I do hope the film comes to the UK soon - the trailers look almost as good as the book.

Have held off starting the Girl Who Played with Fire until I can actually sit down and let rip - not during school term time - but have got the final book on pre-order with Amazon: due out in a few days' time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved this - a really original thriller voice I believe. The second, '... Played with Fire' is in many ways even better. Am waiting for the 3rd to be published in paperback. A pity there will be no more.

Sorry guys it must be me as almost everyone seems to love these books but I found the first one so incredibly slow and gave up halfway through. I think a book half the size would have zipped along at a much better pace but that is just my opinion and I seem to be in the minority with this author.

Sorry guys it must be me as almost everyone seems to love these books but I found the first one so incredibly slow and gave up halfway through. I think a book half the size would have zipped along at a much better pace but that is just my opinion and I seem to be in the minority with this author.

No I was the same, the first half is slow, very very detailed, and when reading seems utterly pointless. BUT once you get past that page of around 275, it is pure beauty, amazing and everything clicks together, and all that rather dull information that floods your brain at the beginning starts to shine.

Oooh, I hope it was just you dave, as I have just ordered the first two!

No they are amazing. I wrote a review about both of them Chrissy. keep going on the first, the nsecond is amazing from the beginning.

I was all vibed up about them, having read the various reviews and what not, but suddenly I read dave's post and I got nervy! :) You can tell my Mojo is absent can't you? I've read nothing aside from a newspaper for days now!

Awe, honestly I don't think that the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo would be the best book to bring your Mojo back with. It does take a while to get fully engrossed in the book (That is my point of view) If it was the second book I would have said yes it is ideal.