True Blood

ScottHughes

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it - I've read the first four books in the series and enjoyed them, but the tv show is just pure escapism and totally over the top - what's not to love? :lol:

Can you imagine the Kelley Armstrong books as a series Kell? Brilliant!

Back on topic: I was chatting to a friend of mine today, who started telling me that a friend of hers, who lives in New York, was raving about this new series. They are on the third series at the min and he said she would totally love it! It was True Blood of course :lol:

Can you imagine the Kelley Armstrong books as a series Kell? Brilliant!

OMG! I would totally DIE! I'd love to see that happen - or a series of films. :lol:

I'm three episodes into season 2 of True Blood and it's fab. The show is jam-packed full of sex (moreso than the books!), but I have to admit, there's plenty of eye candy to ogle! I especially adore Sam and Eric - I think I love them both just a little bit more every time I see them!

OMG! I would totally DIE! I'd love to see that happen - or a series of films. :lol:

I'm three episodes into season 2 of True Blood and it's fab. The show is jam-packed full of sex (moreso than the books!), but I have to admit, there's plenty of eye candy to ogle! I especially adore Sam and Eric - I think I love them both just a little bit more every time I see them!

Omgoshhh Eric <3 He is so hot, Sam is pretty hot too, though I have to say I don't really think much of Jason

I watched the first episode, but didn't like it.

It was Bella and Edward, only backwards. Oh look, I can read minds. Oh look, I can't read that person's mind. Ergo, they are ____ (soulmate/vampire.) I mean, I don't know who came first but puhlease :lol:

It was Bella and Edward, only backwards. Oh look, I can read minds. Oh look, I can't read that person's mind. Ergo, they are ____ (soulmate/vampire.) I mean, I don't know who came first but puhlease :lol:

Trust me, its far better than Bella/Edward, well the books are anyway, I haven't seen the series yet. More grown up too.

I hate the way Bill says her name :lol: But you shouldn't let a name put you off :D I have the ebooks if you want them x

I was saying her name right, Sookie like Sootie the puppet:lol:

That's cool Lex, thanks, when I've a chance I'll give them a look. Bit too busy atm though. :lol:

BIll and Sookie DEFFO came first and, imo, the books are much better and slightly more believable (in a suspended disbelief kind of way that is required for all fantasy/supernatural based novels) than the Twilight series. For me, Twilight and its sequels was mushy romantic, whereas the Southern Vampire series has the couples having proper arguments and all-out screaming matches culminating in "IT IS OVERRRRR!!!!!" and with next to no fawning (I can't imagine Sookie ever going, "Oh, Bill, I love you, you're so perfect, I can't live without you" *barf!*). Sookie has a lot more feistiness and "oomph" about her than Bella - partially, I think, because the character is a bit older than the teens in Twilight - she's lived a bit, had to work for a living, had to get by in a small town where everybody knows (or thinks they know) everybody else's business even if they CAN'T read minds (LOL!).

Overall, I far prefer the dynamics of the Southern Vampire novels - the cast of characters are more realistic (even though populated with vampires, werewolves, et all) and I found it far easier to get on board with them than the Twilight crew (but then, maybe I'm just at a point in my life where I relate more to adult relationships, rather than teen all-or-nothing gushiness).

And there's a WHOLE lot more sex in the SV series than in Twilight. :lol:

As for soulmates, I dunno about that. I only read as far as book four so far, but

by that time Sookie is no longer with Bill and is, instead, dating Eric, who is, imo, far dishier and more interesting than Bill - yummy!

Edited by Kell

I've set the recorder for the first episode on Friday (as I'll forget otherwise!), and can't wait to have a look at it, since I'm loving the books so far.

As for soulmates, I dunno about that. I only read as far as book four so far, but

by that time Sookie is no longer with Bill and is, instead, dating Eric, who is, imo, far dishier and more interesting than Bill - yummy!

Kell, I agree with you about the soulmates issue, but without having seen the tv series yet,

I'm holding out for Sam, as I love him in the books!

I remember when Twilight came out that I thought it read like a younger version of the Southern Vampire books - I like both though so I'm not complaining! Really annoyed now that I no longer have access to satellite tv so no True Blood for me until/if they come out on DVD :lol:

Oh my god.

I'm actually allowing myself to be talked into ANOTHER vampire series.

I must admit I liked in the first episode how vampires and people were trying to live together after that synthetic blood had been produced - that's an original concept and provides political/social issues (something Smeyer probably couldn't grasp if she tried.)