Iagegu

Fiction Bookbox - UK only

I'm not sure I understand what this is (forgive me if I'm being totally dense). :lol: Is it like a collection of books to be sent to some worthy cause? If so I may be interested.

I'm not sure I understand what this is (forgive me if I'm being totally dense). :lol: Is it like a collection of books to be sent to some worthy cause? If so I may be interested.

No. Basically it is a book swap. I am putting together a box of about 10 books. I already have several people interested, so when ready the box will go out to the first of these. They will remove the books they want and replace with the same number of their own books and then post it to the next person. The box will carry on in the same way until eventually it arrives back with me. Hopefully with a set of completely different books.

That sounds like a good idea I am interested also I am a bookcrosser and have just added you to my friends list. :lol:

It can be Michelle depending on how many books are in it. I joined a couple a few years back. One was a shoe box which wasn't too bad, but the other one was ridiculously large. I did make a comment on it being lick a removal box...lol. If you can limit it to say maybe 10-12 books. I would give people an idea of how much it would cost before starting it. I haven't joined anymore, as it is pot luck what goes into them. Not always something you want to read :lol:

The box I have got ready is of shoebox size. I am aiming for around ten books.

I have sent a couple of paperbacks recently 2nd class which have cost me in the region of

So, out of curiosity, what happens if say you sign up, recieve the box & there's not a single book in there that you want to read? You've just spent

I can't say I've experienced that problem. The people whose bookboxes I have joined in the past are avid readers and there has been a wide selection of books to choose from. I took six books out of the bookbox that I posted out today. When I was partaking in them regularly I don't think I ever had a box arrive that did not have quite a few books in that I wanted. I think it was more a problem of having to restrict myself.

I suppose there is always a possibility that there may be nothing in that you want. There is always a list of the books published at the start of the box and everybody is supposed to list what they take out and what they replace with. This happens in the main. If it was a real issue then I would hope that the person would not wish to join the bookbox in the first place. There is supposed to be a fun element to it and to encourage yourself to read something that you would not necessarily go and buy.

I advertised the bookbox on saturday on here and also on bookcrossing and so far it has ten participants excluding me.

Anybody else interested in this? Will be starting its journey at the end of next week.

At the moment it is looking as though there will be roughly ten books unless I can squeeze another in and is shoebox sized.

Is this on its way now...? I only ask because I'm in the process of moving house so I'll be changing address soon so I wanted to know who to give my address to/which one to give them.