The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know The Works have a deal on these books at the minute, all three books for £5.99, really wanted to get them, hope the are still there on payday hehe!

Can you buy them on a website?

• 1 month later...

I bought these books with a 20 pound book token as a gift from a friend of mine for christmas, and I can safely say that I am addicted to these books having read the first book within 24 hours of buying the set! :D

I cannot put them down literally, I cannot wait for the movie either as it looks to be good...

I bought these books with a 20 pound book token as a gift from a friend of mine for christmas, and I can safely say that I am addicted to these books having read the first book within 24 hours of buying the set! :D

I cannot put them down literally, I cannot wait for the movie either as it looks to be good...

I'm addicted and looking forward to the movie as well! :D

What do you think of Catching fire so far? :smile: I just started it and I'm very curious, but unfortunately, I haven't got much time to read today.

I've just started it too and it seems a bit slow at the start, but I'm also really worried for Katniss and what will happen to her and Peeta next, I so despartely want them to fall in love not just for the cameras, but for real.

I really would not consider them childish. They have some strong characters, and they explore lots of issues.

I agree with Michelle. Most definitely worth a read. And the film looks exciting. Far better to look forward to than constant remakes and comic book adaptations.

edit: I really should learn to wait to get to the end of a thread before commenting. Glad you like them Chiara.

Edited by vodkafan

Yes that would be nice, but I can't help feeling sorry for Gale if they really fall in love eventhough Gale and Katniss were never together.

Yeah I don't know why my friend said it was childish because it's definitely not. Maybe she thought the dutch translation was bad, that can also really ruin a book. That's why I prefer English.

Ah I see, I'm up to part 2 so far and it's going pretty good but I have a bazillion things to do now I'm back home and back into working again *sigh*

I must read more tonight after zumba!

Hey *bumps*

I just finished reading the whole series, it really made me cry when

certain characters died :(

(sorry can't work out how to do spoiler thing?!)

I loved the trilogy and finished it in a week, now time for me to go find something else to read...

Thats great, as there are quite a few young adult books out there that are pretty good reads at the moment, I for one was really glad to read The Hunger Games after everything is like either vampires and werewolves or magic related.