The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins

I heard that they've decided on a director, so I wonder how long it'll be until it's filmed and released :)

I read that production won't start until 2011.

I was wondering about a film the other day. If it's done well, it could be an excellent film. But, if they make too many changes, it could be disappointing.

I just hope all involved are actually fans of the trilogy. I think that could make the difference.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I finished Mockingjay last night, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed this trilogy. Katniss is such a great flawed character, and so many of the supporting characters highly memorable. I really miss them all already, and am tempted to go right back to the first book and start again!

I think these books need to be added to the recommended list of books at secondary school, and I'm certainly going to push them Beth's way at some point.

It's a great way of looking at the issues of war - as someone said above, it shows that there's never a complete right and wrong. And, the human cost of war is so well covered.

I think this trilogy has been the highlight of my 2010 reading!

I am currently shaking a fist at anyone on this thread who spoke positively about this series!

I have just bought 'The Hunger Games', despite knowing that I truly truly shouldn't. I'm holding you all responsible! :P

Get ready to order the next two pretty quickly, which is what I did! :D

I am currently shaking a fist at anyone on this thread who spoke positively about this series!

I have just bought 'The Hunger Games', despite knowing that I truly truly shouldn't. I'm holding you all responsible! :P

Lol! I just caved and bought the first one as well. Looks pretty good, but we'll have to see! :)

I've seen a book series that they're claiming is the new Hunger Games, so I thought I'd just note it here for those who are interested :) It's called The Maze Runner series, and only the first book - The Maze Runner - has been released so far, but I've read rave reviews about it from some reading blogs I follow. My copy came today, so I'll be sure to let you know what I think when I'm done :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a book series that they're claiming is the new Hunger Games, so I thought I'd just note it here for those who are interested :) It's called The Maze Runner series, and only the first book - The Maze Runner - has been released so far, but I've read rave reviews about it from some reading blogs I follow. My copy came today, so I'll be sure to let you know what I think when I'm done :)

I completely forgot to come back and say, this is definitely one for people who enjoyed The Hunger Games, it is of course different, but in some ways it's very similar too. I thought it was very enjoyable and will definitely be looking out for the second one :)

I completely forgot to come back and say, this is definitely one for people who enjoyed The Hunger Games, it is of course different, but in some ways it's very similar too. I thought it was very enjoyable and will definitely be looking out for the second one :)

I bought 'The Maze Runner' (as you know), the second book is due for release to tomorrow (but on amazon they are already out to stock) :friends3:

Edited by Weave

I bought 'The Maze Runner' (as you know), the second book is due for release to tomorrow (but on amazon they are already out to stock) :friends3:

Hope you enjoy it hun! Didn't know that it was out of stock, guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for when it's back so I can order it :)

Hope you enjoy it hun! Didn't know that it was out of stock, guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for when it's back so I can order it :)

Me too hen, I keep checking to see if there has been any change ~

Click here :)

• 2 months later...

Oh man, I really want to read the Maze Runner now. I loved the Hunger Games series. The end was so sad though, but in good way, because it showed such a realistic portrayal. Katniss and Peeta were so young to go through what they went through and I think the ending that many authors would have chosen would really not be a believable idea of how everything that they suffered would mess them up so much. It was very honest.

• 1 month later...

Just a brilliant book.

This series was the reason while I´m started to read books also in English.

I´ve read -The Hunger Games- and -Catiching Fire- in German. Book 3 -Mockingjay wasn´t translate into the German language :irked: but I can´t wait for the publication, so I started

to read the third edition in English and I don´t regret it. The opposite was the case - the original one was much better as the translation.

That is the reason while I will read more and more books in English :hug:

• 2 months later...

I was just reading about the casting of The Hunger Games trilogy. An Aussie actor is playing Gale and Jennifer Lawrence is playing Katniss. I don't know much about either of them, but Jennifer looks like she could play the part well (don't ask me why I think that). Info on IMDB.

I want to see 'Winter Bone', because I had heard that she was a terrific actress.

They all look good for their parts I'd say. None are too pretty pretty if you know what I mean, and all appear to have expressive faces. My fingers ar truly crossed, because it would be a travesty to screw this up.

I think I've decided what it is I like about Jennifer. She's very pretty, but she looks like she has a bit of spunk and could well and truly kick butt. Surely they're two of the most important characteristics of Katniss? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Oh man, I really want to read the Maze Runner now. I loved the Hunger Games series. The end was so sad though, but in good way, because it showed such a realistic portrayal. Katniss and Peeta were so young to go through what they went through and I think the ending that many authors would have chosen would really not be a believable idea of how everything that they suffered would mess them up so much. It was very honest.

Are you kidding?? the end was terrible!! it was sad sad sad and in a bad way!!

how could suzanne collins kill prim!!! it was just to sad, like every character I ever liked died, prim, dead, finnik, dead, cinna, dead, rue, dead!!

still the only reason I hated the ending was because I loved the characters so much and coz its such an amazing series! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just finished the last of this series, and while I loved the first book I just felt quite disappointed in the last one. :blush: Not so much in the story, but more disappointed in the character of Katniss, and the way it was written. It just seemed very irregularly paced, and a bit self-indulgent where Katniss was concerned. :blush: I wanted to give her a good shake, and tell her to snap out of it!! Still, any book that encourages so many people to read can only be a good thing. :D

• 5 weeks later...