Poetry Circle

Guest ii

I've been toying with a thought of a poetry circle for a while now, and thought I'd ask what everyone thinks of it. The main idea would be to read poetry together, and maybe that way a) get more out of the poems, :she: encounter new poets and c) get into poetry as a whole, especially those who may not feel so comfortable with the genre. This would be a sort of 'soft landing' into the world of poetry as there's others helping you through the poem, you know?

So the thought I had was to have maybe one poem per month (I believe Michelle said that it would be okay to even type it out here on the forum, as it'd be just one poem per author, at least at a time, but if not, I'm sure we can get around that somehow. That way people also wouldn't have to buy poetry books for the sake of simple sample.) and we could discuss what everyone thought of it. What it made us think and feel, what we liked and didn't like, what we think it means and so on. Like the Reading Circle, but for poetry.

I know we have a lot of poetry enthusiasts here on the forum, who I'm sure would have lots to contribute to the discussions.

Any thoughts?

Okay... So I guess we're doing this... I can pick the first poem, and we'll see what we can get out of it.

Hmmm... the pressure... what is a good poem for this?

I suggest avoiding something like Christina Rosetti's 'Goblin Market' - with around 30 long verses it may take us to the end of time! :blush:

Not to mention typing it would be a pain in the... *laughs*