Norah Lofts

Lilywhite

Has anyone else read any of her books?

I read The Kings Pleasure and I thought it was fantastic. That one was about Katherine of Aragon and I loved they way she was written as such a headstrong and proud woman.

I've managed to pick up a couple more of her books The Lost Queen about Caroline Matilda, youngest sister of George III and The Concubine about Anne Boleyn.

Just wondered if anyone else had stumbled across her books and if there were any other recommendations about?

• 1 month later...

I discovered Norah Lofts' books years ago in the 70s (showing my age:smile2:) and after reading the first (A Wayside Tavern), was completely hooked. Her believable characters, plausible stories, plot twists, and general ability to tell a good story made me read as many of her books as possible. I love good historical fiction and while she didn't include a huge amount of detail in her stories, there was just enough to make it interesting.

Some of my favorite books were: "A Scent of Cloves", "A Wayside Tavern", "The Road to Bethlehem"(not sure if this is the correct title),"Knight's Acre", "The Concubine", and the list goes on and on.

I've found most of her books in the public library but a lot of them are available through Amazon(hope this is okay to mention) and I noticed that some of her books are being brought back in reprints. This is great news since the stories are timeless.

I hope you enjoy these books as much as I have.

• 3 years later...

nora is my absolute favorit author! there is a good publishers page with a list of all her novels. over thirty. i get most of them thru my interlebrary loan since shes been writing since the forties'. try jassy one of her best later made into a movie i havent seen yet. she also wrote under some other names.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello all,

yes I like Norah Lofts too, but haven't read anything of hers for years. Nice to know they are still in print, and although I can't recall titles after all these years, did she write 'The House At Old Vine' ? Then there was another with Vine in the title and then 'The House At Sunset' a trilogy and VERY good, but I may be mixing up authors.