Well hello there!

Dusky

Hi there everybody!

I thought I'd mosey on in here and introduce myself.

I'm Dusky - 17, currently at college studying Archaeology, Ancient History, Biology, English Lang/Lit and Psychology. I, as my dad says "eat books for breakfast" and my room is just a library with a bed in it.

My main interests are books, writing, art and history.

Favourite authors: Catherine Webb, Terry Pratchett, Dean Koontz, Karen Miller, Ian M. Banks, Lindsey Davis, Jim Butcher.... (I could go on)

Favourite books: Going Postal - Terry Pratchett, all the Catherine Webb books, most of the Dresden Files books, Kingmaker - Karen Miller, The Timetraveler's wife.... again, i could go on.

I also love writing and want to publish something someday. Just ask if you want to read some of my work :readingtwo:

So, hi!

Hi and Welcome

I see that you're reading The Dice Man - what do you think of it? I read that a while back and have been meaning to pick up the sequel at some point.

It's very strange. I can appreciate some of the psychological values, having studied psychology, but I find the style of writing very odd. It seems to be whenever the author feels like writing in one style he'll switch for a chapter - there's such a range of them in there! However, I think I am overall enjoying it. I didn't realise there was a sequel? I'll have to investigate once I'm done with this one. What did you think of it?

It's a while ago since I read it and I remember feeling very mixed over the book, but when I saw the sequel The Search for the Dice Man I was drawn to it and knew that I must read this as well. I suppose that must say something about the original that I want to read the follow-up.

:readingtwo:I noticed you like Dean Koontz I got most of his books in BCA hardback and read some of them - I ADORE him ... though False Memory I had to put down for a bit as I am writing an evil phsychiatrist and I don't want to finish that until I got my story straightened out as I don't wish to be accused of plagiarism ... in case I get the urge to pickpocket.

I am reading Mr Murder at the moment. So far my favourite one is By The Light of the Moon. His portrayal of a handicapped person is absolutely spot on as I have a handicapped sister and one scene in particular brought tears to my eyes when the character said to his brother: "Do you hate me?"

Anyway welcome!

To Lucybird: They're fantabulous! Imaginative and very funny. You should give them a try - Storm Front is the first one.

To Kylie: It is indeed my own work, but I did copy it from a Dargonology book. Copy though, not trace!

To Suzanna Addison: My favourite books by him are those featuring Odd Thomas (I've read all but the prequel to the main series), but I've also read Ticktock, Velocity, Fear Nothing, Watchers, and Seize the Night.

To loopyloo100: I know the feeling. I've got maybe a quarter of the book left to go, and while it's both entertaining and unsettling, I think I will have to read the sequel too.

To all others: Thank you so much for such a warm welcome! Makes me feel right at home :readingtwo: