Terry Pratchett

Michelle

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant seem to find Pratchett here in the states. Seems to be most of the ones on EBAY are UK versions and I dont think I want to pay the shipping. I think the bookstore here will be able to order some of them though.

Dont know if Ill be able to understand the English humor though, may have to get Stuart to translate to American!!! lol

For some reason, I'm not enjoying Soul Music as much as the first two.. it might just be I need a break.

I'm going to try Colour of Magic.. if I find I'm not so keen on that either, I shall read something different, then come back to them. :D

Although, so far so good.. I particularly like the Big Bang Theory! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Funn ily enough, the 1st 2 Discworld books are my least favourite (followed by Eric). I love the Death ones, but I have to say that the City Watch books are by far the best. Closely followed by the Witches ones - ooh, they're good for a giggle.

And if you're going more for a stand-alone type one, go for the likes of Movnig Pictures - a must for movie fans. GOing Postal is also very good (one of his most recent ones). And Pyramids is a pretty decent one too.

I have the entire collection of Pratchett from start to finish & one day I hope to have each & every one of them signed ( a fair few of them already are). I actually have a section on my smaller bookshelf dedicated to Pratchett. Once of these days it'll fill the whole case.

I recently read a wonderful recommendation to do with Pratchett's Discworld:

"If you're going to read Pratchett, start at the beginning with The Colour of Magic & joy in your heart at the thought that you might never catch him up!"