Seasonal?

When do you read most?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. When do you read most?

• In summer
    • In winter
    • Time of year does not make a difference.

Do you read more in winter cuddled up under a blanket on the sofa? Or while relaxing in a nice hot bubble bath? Or is the beach the place where you are lost in bookland while getting a nice tan? Does your reading time vary from season to season?

I like to read in the summer outdoors under a tree, or while the kids play or by a lake or something, and you can read outside till quite late too. I know my mood changes in winter, like a lot of peoples, but I do not think my reading changes much. It is more lifestyle, like being a student and having to read text books that does it..

I'm constantly to be found with my nose buried in a book, no matter what the season. in the winter, I'll curl up under a duvet, or on the sofa, or soak in a hot bath with a good book. in the summer, I'll sit outside under the shade of a tree, or sprawled on a blanket lain over a patch of grass, engrossed in another world. It makes absolutely no difference to how much I read, but sometimes it affects my choices - if a book has a wintery theme, I'll usually read it in te colder months (e.g. The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe is a winter book for sure, & I read Chocolat for the 1st time this year during Lent, which is exactly when the book is set).

Guest jake

It usually wouldn't matter to me what time of year, but I've found that I haven't read as much fiction over the last few months as I normally would. I've probably read more academic related books (even more than normal when studying) these past few months.

I'm the same.. most of my reading these days is in the car waiting to pick up Beth, in the bath, and in bed. However, there are some winter days when I'll get some extra reading done, whereas in the summer I tend to be out more.

I don;t get to read on the beach, 'cause I'm too busy keeping my eye on the girls!

Definitely a winter activity for me,summer I'm too busy, when Adrian comes out we do a lot of swimming,and I like to meet up with friends who have children he can play with. This year we plan to go camping at Tarifa. I also find reading in the sun gives me headaches.

I read every night in bed before I go to sleep, and I read while travelling (to work, or right now to the doctors or physio). I'm beginning to realise that I don't do much reading for entertainment, I'll usually watch TV, a DVD or stick on a cd and prance about! Now that it's summery and I have a garden I think I'll sit out under the tree and read, especially now that I have more reading options!

I read most in the bath - but I have hot baths in the winter, and cool baths in the summer (but don't tell the water board!).

I read anywhere else as well - on public transport - and while waiting for it, in my lunch break, on the beach, in bed, on the loo!...you name it, I'll pretty much read there!

I read most in the bath

I used to love reading in the bath, but the bathroom in this house is tiny so we had the bath ripped out and a shower installed. :lol:

Now I read anywhere: sprawled on the floor, on a sofa, on a deckchair, in bed... :lol:

• 1 year later...