Fantasy Film Recommendations?

BookJumper

I'll bring the Pinot

I do not tolerate white wine anymore sadly, although it doesn't sadden me as much as the thought of suddenly not tolerating red does. I do like the idea of a BCF film night, although I'd have to get someone from home to send me a bottle of Sangue di Giuda (yes, it does mean Blood of Judas and despite the slightly blasphemous name it is the most scrumptious sweet red I have ever tasted... and I have tasted a few) I think. A special occasion warrants a special drink.

I absolutely adored Dragonheart and Stardust too. Have you seen Inkheart the movie? I saw it today, it wasn't a bad wee movie.

I've actually acquired that, although I plan to afford (I want the pwetty sparkly hardback!) and read the book before I watch the film - I hardly want to read the book having spoiled the entire plot for myself.

I was also gonna suggest Return to Oz and Legend, but they're not exactly in the 'feel-good' category, i find them pretty freaky

After obtaining Legend and watching a few scenes I realised that I had indeed seen it and removed it surgically from my brain lest it scarred me - a bit like the Dark Crystal, or The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (both of which gave me nightmares as a child).

I don't think anyone mentioned Amelie, and although it probably won't fit everyone's 'fantasy' bill, it can't be denied that it's like an explosion in a feel-good factory

Beautiful film that. Such an adorable love story betweel odd but lovely people *sigh*!

I concur with Scarlette's assessment of Pan's Labyrinth. It's excellent.

Me too Mac! In fact, I think I'll watch it now. I have the house to myself for the night and I'm spoilt for choice! I was going to read but I think Pan's Labyrinth sounds better :)

... Pan's Labyrinth. It's excellent.

I agree Pan's Labyrinth is a fantastic film...

Pans Labyrinth, ...some great suggestions.

I was going to read but I think Pan's Labyrinth sounds better :)

I'm afraid I'm in the minority - I thought Pan's Labyrinth was severely over-hyped. It's got some of the most beautiful cinematography I've ever seen, along with stunning makeup and art design, but the film itself? Meh! I wasn't grabbed by it, to be honest. But, like I say, I know very well I'm in the minority on this one.

Oh, and it's definitely NOT a fee-good film!