Who/Where Are You?

green

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a witch, in my early twenties with an adoptive 13 year old daughter who who has exceptional powers. I've been exposed and there is a media circus permanently camped outside on my front lawn. I've just agreed to work with a sorcerer who I've been told is one of the good guys.

I'm a witch, in my early twenties with an adoptive 13 year old daughter who who has exceptional powers. I've been exposed and there is a media circus permanently camped outside on my front lawn. I've just agreed to work with a sorcerer who I've been told is one of the good guys.
... this sounds interesting Charm, what is it :readingtwo: and is it any good?

Oh yes :lol: Its called Dime Store Magic and its by Kelley Armstrong. Its the third in a series, the first two were called Bitten and Stolen. Nice quick, fast paced reads and very entertaining, perfect if you've lost your mojo! :readingtwo:

Its called Dime Store Magic and its by Kelley Armstrong. Its the third in a series, the first two were called Bitten and Stolen. Nice quick, fast paced reads and very entertaining, perfect if you've lost your mojo!

To think I've avoided these in the past because the rather :) title of the first, along with the rather :) cover, put me off... would a non-Meyer fan enjoy them, do you think?

To think I've avoided these in the past because the rather :) title of the first, along with the rather ;) cover, put me off... would a non-Meyer fan enjoy them, do you think?

I'm a non-Meyer fan and I LOVE Kelley Armstrong's books - they're MUCH better than the Twilight tosh. :) I really do think they're at the top end of supernatural fiction, mainly because they're firmly embedded in realism in a way that makes them almost completely believeable, despite being populated by werewolves, vampires, half-demons, witches and sorcerers!

I'm a beautiful fairy Queen, who has been hurt in an accident and cast away to the Mists (a bad place!)

Oooooh whats that one Lexie? (you don't mind lexie?)

I think tonight I'll be a mysterious lonely wizard telling a scribe his story. He is a boy asking for the tale of the beginning of the world ... I think.

Oooooh whats that one Lexie? (you don't mind lexie?)

I think tonight I'll be a mysterious lonely wizard telling a scribe his story. He is a boy asking for the tale of the beginning of the world ... I think.

Of course not, it's Diana S. Zimmerman - Kandide and the Secret of the Mists :)

Currently, I'm a man who has murdered a number of people in order to keep the object of my obsessive affection (a vampire) alive. After being caught mid-murder, I've decided to pour acid on my face to avoid identification and kill myself. It hasn't worked and now I'm disfigured.

(This book enters new levels of bizarre with each sitting)

Let The Right One In - John Ajvide Lindqviste

I'm a man on the committee of a group of resistance fighters, in hiding from vampires which are taking over the world and also from their human 'thralls' which patrol during the day in search of those who dare to fight back. We've just rescued 170 humans from a mass vampire feeding frenzy.:)

I'm two characters at the moment - a Scottish terrorist everyone assumes is dead AND an undercover cop who fell in love with a bank robber and has infiltrated an Al Qaida cell.

I'm a sheep (yes, really) trying to investigate the murder of my shepherd in Ireland.

This book was one of the cutest, funniest, most ingenious things I've read in years... are you enjoying it Ruth? If so, you'll be pleased to know (I'm 99.9% positive about this) that it's the first in a series.