Who/Where Are You?

green

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not .... this sounds familiar, I think frankie was trying to get me to read this! :D

What do you mean, "was"? :D

Nicola, the other book you were wondering about, the sheep investigating a murder is Leonie Swann's Three Bags Full :)

Edited by frankie

I'm a woman police officer and expert criminalist. I'm currently hiking my way through a dangerous swamp area along with 3 officers from the local small town police dept, trying to find a strange 16 yr old boy who has kidnapped two girls from the area, and supposedly killed a teenage boy who was trying to help one of them. Did I mention I used to be a model?

I am the well-to-do mayor of the largest city in a small country, which just happens to border Fairyland. My daughter, along with all her friends, have disappeared into Fairyland, and my son has been bewitched. I'm attempting to sort out who is behind this fairy terrorism and save my family and my city!

I'm unofficially investigating explosions somehow connected to large cucumbers, the escape of the Gingerbreadman from custody and the death of Goldilocks at a WW2 themed park. This is all taking place in Berkshire.

I have also fallen out with my wife who has only recently discovered I am a PDR (a Person of Dubious Reality).

I am the well-to-do mayor of the largest city in a small country, which just happens to border Fairyland.
Would this be This sounds suspiciously like "Lud-in-the-Mist" by Hope Mirrlees - is it? Haven't read it yet but it's on the shelf eagerly awaiting for me to pick it up... any good?

Oh good. I'd seen this before and for one reason or another always left it there, but then Neil Gaiman's endorsement (and, let us face it, his direct homage in "Stardust") must have swayed me...

I am a young girl with a voice that could capture and enchant anyone that listened. A girl that wishes she could go to a world where her mother spent so long away from her; a world full of faeries, night-mare's and wolves that stalk the Wayless Woods.

Haha, an easy one, but I like the way I put it. :)

I am a wizard who is searching for a missing man. I am also on consultation to the police on a double murder that seems to be done by black magic.

Which book is this??

I'm a music-writing vampire who's been sent to the UK by his cousins to find his aunt/their mother. I've just found my lifemate and want to turn her to the eternal life.

Which book is this??

Jim Butcher's Storm Front, first of the Dresden Files.

I'm a music-writing vampire who's been sent to the UK by his cousins to find his aunt/their mother. I've just found my lifemate and want to turn her to the eternal life.

Hmm sound like some Carpathians involved.