Who/Where Are You?

green

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rcee, are you reading what I think you're reading?

Had I looked at your post a little closer I would have seen that yes, you are reading what I think you're reading. What are you thinking of it?

I'm unexpectedly (as in not reading the book I planned) on Route 66, (the old route) trying to catch a serial killer, surrounded by a caravan of parents looking for their missing kids. We are in present times.

I'm unexpectedly (as in not reading the book I planned) on Route 66, (the old route) trying to catch a serial killer, surrounded by a caravan of parents looking for their missing kids. We are in present times.

This sounds good :)

I'm a middle-aged man whose family has just bought a puppy, which is slightly crazy, in present day times. [Marley and Me]

B

A pregnant agent of the force policing literature, lying low from people who want to kill me by hiding in an unpublished book while trying to work out a way of solving my husband's non-existence problem.

:) Well of Lost Plots, right?

*Shakespearean Student Mode On* please do share author and title?

It's The Shakespeare Secret by J.L. Carrell. There's a thread about it on here, as a few of us have read it.

It is Palimpsest - Catherynne M. Valente....its divine fantasy, I love it! I've nearly finished it and want to re-read it again but will leave it a while before I do I think. I'ts taken me a while to get through it because its seems to be a book to savour and makes you want to re-read parts before carrying on because it is so enjoyable to read such strange things. Link to my thread which I have written a description from back of book
This intrigues me and worries me in equal measure - I love divine fantasy, but the lyricism (which I also love) being described as "erotic" on the blurb makes me fear I might encounter problems with some sections... what to do?
:) Well of Lost Plots, right?
Indeed. It's taking me quite a bit to read as I like to give the weird and wonderful world of Jasper my undivided attention, something I haven't got that much of at the moment. Great read so far though, although I'm not sure I'll like it more than "Lost in a Good Book" (my favourite so far, though "Something Rotten" - next up - looks like a serious contender).

It's The Shakespeare Secret by J.L. Carrell. There's a thread about it on here, as a few of us have read it.

Actually read about 100 pages of that before having to return it to its owner. I rather enjoyed what I read I must say, I'll probably pick it up again at some point.

I'm now a gangster in Brighton, killed two already, planning to get married to save my skin but am being pursued by a woman who wants justice for one of the men I killed

I am a group of rabbits, fleeing their home in search of a safer place to live. I've just crossed a river to pastures new...

Hmmm...sounds vaguely familiar! :)

Rcee, are you reading what I think you're reading?

Had I looked at your post a little closer I would have seen that yes, you are reading what I think you're reading. What are you thinking of it?

I wish I could say I liked it but I think it wasn't for me really. I loved the mystery behind it but I think there just wasn't enough about the characters, too little development for me (which you did warn me about).

*Shakespearean Student Mode On* please do share author and title?

Ceinwenn beat me to the answer!!

Right now I am a homicide detective listening to a recoded phone call where the killer of a girl has colled in to say he is the murderer.

I'm a guy who has come across a bad drug deal in the middle of the desert with everyone involved slumped over dead, I've found a suitcase full of money in one of the trucks and I'm currently on the run. I think the owner has just spotted me.

Edited by paperplane

Paperplane - is that No Country For Old Men, by any chance? And if so, is it any better than the film? (We turned it off after about 20 minutes as we were so bored already!)

^^ It is Kell, I have seen the film but can't remember much of it as it was a while ago now. I have to admit I'm struggling to get through it though I am having a bit of a break from reading at the moment.

I'm a young man who has just moved to New York City in the early 1920s in order to become a bonds salesman. I have a very rich neighbour who likes to have parties :)