Who/Where Are You?

green

Not you personally,but the character you are/are reading about in your currant book!

I'm a 15 yr old boy in 1014 Ireland where I've travelled with 'vikings' from Iceland,and have just been in a fierce battle with the Irish High King! :smile2:

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, sounds like a fascinating book ! I love Iceland (have been 5 times) and am fascinated by everything about the country - the landscape, it's music, the people, but most of all the history. I would love to know the title of this book so I can add it to my TBR list.

I am a newly married man in late 19th century Australia who has just inherited the family business, and has a deep fear and mistrust of women.

Wow, sounds like a fascinating book ! I love Iceland (have been 5 times) and am fascinated by everything about the country - the landscape, it's music, the people, but most of all the history. I would love to know the title of this book so I can add it to my TBR list.

I am a newly married man in late 19th century Australia who has just inherited the family business, and has a deep fear and mistrust of women.

It's Viking:Odinn's Child by Tim Severin-it starts in Iceland,then moves to Greenland,Newfoundland,The Orkneys,and currently Ireland,but it's all set in the 11th century! Plus it's a trilogy,so I'm expecting more globetrotting!:smile2:

It's Viking:Odinn's Child by Tim Severin-it starts in Iceland,then moves to Greenland,Newfoundland,The Orkneys,and currently Ireland,but it's all set in the 11th century! Plus it's a trilogy,so I'm expecting more globetrotting!:smile2:

I've read that one! It wasn't really as good as I'd hoped, but I think it was partially the mood I was in at the time!

I'm currently a Greek woman in love with an Italian soldier occupying Cephalonia during WWII (Pelagia from Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis De Bernieres).

Edited by Kell
corrected glaring spelling error (there are probably more though!)

I'm an ex-con who has just left prison, found out his wife has been murdered, and has been recruited by a mysterious man named Wednesday for a yet unknown quest. I've also been given the sun and the moon.

Can anyone figure that out? :smile2:

I have just left the future in a place called Labrador where being different can get you killed or banished. I am also following a man called Michael through the Himalayas.

Sounds intrigueing! What's the book?

I'm an ex-con who has just left prison, found out his wife has been murdered, and has been recruited by a mysterious man named Wednesday for a yet unknown quest. I've also been given the sun and the moon.

Can anyone figure that out? :D

Did you have room to put 'em up,or are they in a hotel double room?!:smile2:

Never read Neil Gaiman,but was a big fan of the tv adaption of Neverwhere,so will have to sort it!:006:

Because I can't avoid multitasking, I am simultaneously:

The accidental editor of The Ankh-Morpork Times, trying to discover who framed the Patrician while trying to save my skin from killers, stay in the good books of the Watch, and feeling a deepening attraction towards the one and only reporter for my newspaper.

A pregnant agent of the force policing literature, lying low from people who want to kill me by hiding in an unpublished book while trying to work out a way of solving my husband's non-existence problem.

A winged dinosaur led, by the trail of the author of the finest short story ever written, into a city which full of antiquarian bookshops above and catacombs bursting with buried, forgotten, precious, dangerous books below.

Because I can't avoid multitasking, I am simultaneously:

A winged dinosaur led, by the trail of the author of the finest short story ever written, into a city which full of antiquarian bookshops above and catacombs bursting with buried, forgotten, precious, dangerous books below.

I am loving the sound of this one! What is it?

I am a granddaughter, in Brisbane, Australia, about to discover the family secrets and hidden history of my grandmother whose death I just experienced. Something wicked or fantastic this way comes I surmise :smile2:

Edited by Readwine

I am reading one book but have multiple personalities, one being a blue haired Japanese girl who is in love with trains, a European locksmith searching for the ghost of his dead sister, a Roman bookbinder who is searching for his wife and an American beekeeper who is disfigured but virtuous. All four characters are trying to find eachother in the 'real' world and Palimpsest.

I'm a psychiatrist who was a crook stygmatic in her youth. Atm I'm in London, on the run from two missing 'Lord Lucan' pretenders.

Crazy life! :smile2:

EDIT: by the way, I think we're all off topic. Or maybe this thread should be renamed "Who are you?". Fun idea for a thread though!

Ooh, I've also just started being a male police inspector investigating the horrific serial-mutilation of Polish immigrants in Aberdeen. Yes, you've guessed it, I'm reading the latest Logan McRae crime thriller by Stuart Macbride. :smile2:

^ :smile2: Fair enough..

I am a black haired vampire who does not like killing human beings, and is two centuries old (i think) who is currently in an interview with a Boy.

And also, I am several children who are fighting a monster who lives in the gutter, in the guise of a clown, and who apparently eats children and takes the form of something you fear. IT is very creepy.

Oh, and also, I am an annoying boy who has a scar on my forehead.

I am loving the sound of this one! What is it?

It's "The City of Dreaming Books" by Walter Moers. Technically it's the third in a series but they're fairly standalone as far as I can gather (i.e. I'm not suffering from the kind of bewilderment that enveloped me when I attempted to read Jasper Fforde's "Something Rotten", fourth in a series, out of context). Fairly doorsteppish but 100% recommend, it's a charming story, beautifully written, so well translated I didn't even realise it was translated at all at first, and gorgeously illustrated by the author.

I am reading one book but have multiple personalities, one being a blue haired Japanese girl who is in love with trains, a European locksmith searching for the ghost of his dead sister, a Roman bookbinder who is searching for his wife and an American beekeeper who is disfigured but virtuous. All four characters are trying to find eachother in the 'real' world and Palimpsest.

Oooh what's this one?

... I like this game :smile2:!

Oooh what's this one?

... I like this game :smile2:!

:D Me too, I have the book you mentioned on my amazon wishlist!

It is Palimpsest - Catherynne M. Valente....its divine fantasy, I love it! I've nearly finished it and want to re-read it again but will leave it a while before I do I think. I'ts taken me a while to get through it because its seems to be a book to savour and makes you want to re-read parts before carrying on because it is so enjoyable to read such strange things. :006:

Link to my thread which I have written a description from back of book:

http://bookclubforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7700&page=9

I'm currently in Heleron. I'm a beetle kinden young woman, a college student who has just begun her life as a spy without the benfit of lots of training, needs must:lol: My fellow college students and I have to stay above the game from the Wasp Empire and its dominance crusade. Many around us don't believe the Wasp Empire will invade and neither do they care. I've already had to fly by the seat of my pants, literally!