What author would you marry and why?

Which author would want to marry? Age doesn't really matter! But I'm going for Derek Landy the author of Skulduggery! He's funny, witty and what's saying? 'Laughter is the best medicine!' So who would you live the rest of your life with? :friends0:

Terry Pratchett. He's pictured wearing a very nice hat inside the cover of some of the Discworld novels - and a good hat makes a good man :friends0:. Also, he's very funny in a very sarcastic way and that's something my wicked sense of humour can appreciate. :razz:

Hmmm, I think I'm allowed to call someone who writes song lyrics an author, right? If so, I would say John Frusciante and/or Chris Cornell. The 'and' comes in if it's still legal in the state of Utah!! :smile2:

Although technically he's a journalist, I would choose Charlie Brooker. He's a Guardian columnist who writes on TV, has written books and presents screenwipe. He's so intelligent, satirical and funny. And he needs cheering up cos he seems like a right grumpy-pants at times!

Stephen King, so I could ask him, 'why, why???? a library policeman????', then promptly divorce him, and with my solid pre~nup, will successfully lead to me having the rights to 'Salem's Lot', yes I did put a lot of thought into this :)

I like Chrissy's strategy. *cracks up* I wouldn't kick Hugh out of my bed, for sure.

No one. I don't really see myself marrying anyone. I'd happily have an affair with a few, thought. *laughs*

Neil Gaiman! He has quite a dry sense of humour which suits me just fine. :)

Plus, he has the most awesome hair! ^^ (He's very good-looking too)

Terry Pratchett. He's pictured wearing a very nice hat inside the cover of some of the Discworld novels - and a good hat makes a good man :). Also, he's very funny in a very sarcastic way and that's something my wicked sense of humour can appreciate. ;)

I have seen The Hat in person! And it's just as...hatty...as in the pictures :blush: Although it was balanced on a bottle of whiskey when I saw it.

I think I'd marry... well, I'd have to agree with you, Nicola!

Neil Gaiman is very good looking - I Googled :). I always pictured him as rather old and eccentric, but he's just moderately old and handsomely eccentric. Oh, that sentence worked better in my head. :)