Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy

I absolutley LOVE this book!

The orange pages are fab, there are 3 books so far.

Skulduggery Plesant

Skulduggery Plesant - Playing with Fire

Skulduggery Plesant - The Faceless ones.

I love all of them as they are funny and Skulduggery is very sarcastic!

A brief on the book -

Skulduggery is a detective who came back to life in skeleton form.

Stephanie's Uncle Gordon just died and she is given a large amount in his will. ;) One night Stephanie gets burgled, but nothing is taken, a bunch of (as I call them) maniacs try to get somthing from Stephanie. Skulduggery and Stephanie then get together and start solving mysteries with magic and sorcery! Thats not even everything! It's a brilliant book! Read it NOW! :friends0::lol::D

Has anyone read this book! ? :razz:

:tong:

Edited by Kell
merged posts and added author name to thread title

I have not read these books myself but I remember reading posts by other people saying they have read them and enjoyed them.

I would recommend typing Skulduggery in the search section (next to new posts) and search posts and comments people have made on those books in other threads will pop up :friends0:

It's probably the case people who have read them are not online atm.

You had mis-spelled "Pleasant" in your title - perhaps you typed the same into the search box, which would be why your thread would be the only one that came up (I've corrected the spelling and added the author name to the title of the thread now).

I've read the first book and enjoyed it. Haven't yet got round to the next one though...

• 2 weeks later...

I read the first two and really enjoyed them, great story, looking forward to the third book :D

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Derek Landy > Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant)

51oplbANT6L._AA115_.jpg516bHRJfizL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

synopsis from amazaon

Twelve-year-old Stephanie Edgley inherits her uncle Gordon's estate and is promptly attacked on her first solo visit to the property. A mysterious skeleton-detective, Skulduggery Pleasant, comes to her rescue, explaining that he thinks Gordon was murdered and that she may be next. The two join forces and set off to solve the crime in a series of magical adventures that take them into a world filled with ancient evil creatures, including Nefarian Serpine, who seeks the Scepter of the Ancients and the infinite power it will bring him. Landy, whose previous writing credits include horror screenplays, keeps the action brisk, his characters slightly macabre, and uses humor to take the edge off the violence. The story line is intricate (with numerous plot twists and switches in allegiance), and although her actions seem better suited to a somewhat older girl, Stephanie is a well-developed main character. The level of violence may disturb younger readers, however. This is recommended for larger collections where demand for horror/fantasy is high.

my thoughts

I really enjoyed this book, as it's very funny and entertaining. I had to stop myself from laughing on the train :D It sure is a childrens' book, so don't expect too much dephts etc but it's a light and funny read and I would recommend it.

Rating: 4/5

Series: Skulduggery Pleasant 1

Edited by lopeanha

Derek Landy > Das Groteskerium kehrt zurück (Playing with fire)

41DzSYS8V9L._AA115_.jpg618hmfBUYDL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

synopsis from waterstones

Just when you think you've saved the world! "You will kill her?" the Torment asked. Skulduggery sagged. "Yes." He hesitated, then took his gun from his jacket. "I'm sorry, Valkyrie," he said softly. "Don't talk to me," Valkyrie said. "Just do what you have to do." Valkyrie parted her tunic, and Skulduggery pointed the gun at the vest beneath. "Please forgive me," Skulduggery said, then aimed the gun at the girl and pulled the trigger. With Serpine dead, the world is safe once more. At least, that's what Valkyrie and Skulduggery think, until the notorious Baron Vengeous makes a bloody escape from prison, and dead bodies and vampires start showing up all over Ireland. With Baron Vengeous after the deadly armour of Lord Vile, and pretty much everyone out to kill Valkyrie, the daring detective duo face their biggest challenge yet. But what if the greatest threat to Valkyrie is just a little closer to home!?

my thoughts

This was another good read, it seemed a little bit more violent though than the first book, which made me wonder about it being a childrens book. Nontheless, I find it (the series in general) to be a great story and it's something different to all the nice vampire stories and such.

Rating: 3/5

Series: Skulduggery Pleasant 2

• 4 months later...