Hello

Ghost

Hi Ethan, :motz: to the forum. What types of books do you like?

Paper ones mostly, but I have an eReader however it takes quite some getting used to.

Oh, you didn't mean that though :censored: I quite like Sci Fi and Fantasy, some crime and general thrillers.

That was a nice gesture, thank you! :motz: It didn't actually come out right in Finnish but I got the idea of what you were trying to say. :motz:

Fail! Translators are often like that, at least I didn't say anything inappropriate this time, there was another time that I did the same at work and ended upsetting most of a country :censored:

Fail! Translators are often like that, at least I didn't say anything inappropriate this time, there was another time that I did the same at work and ended upsetting most of a country :motz:

:motz: I was dreaming of becoming a translator at one point in my life and this career adviser of sorts asked me if I was worried about the future in the translating business because of computers taking over. I answered 'no' back then and I haven't changed my mind about that yet :censored:

I thought the funniest slip in that Finnish translation sentence was the translator translating 'I' into 'I-KIRJAIN' which means "LETTER I" in English :)

By the way, I'm curious about the other incident when you upset people with the translation, would you mind telling me what happened? :(

Hello Ethan! :censored:

Hello Chrissy.

Hi Ethan - welcome to the board. Sorry to hear you are having a rubbish time. Hope we can cheer you up :motz:

Hey and thanks, incidentally I have just eaten some Fish and Chips, they were vile, I think I got Haddock instead of Cod and the chips were belugh too. Quite odd as I have run away to the seaside, one would have hoped they were better here.

Hi there, my name is Ethan, just here cos I love books and am in the middle of having a rubbish time in life, I will probably read more than I post. Nice to meet you all though.

Hello Ethan welcome to the forum. :censored: