Gilmore Girls

frankie

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, he's by far the more sensitive of the two brothers, so I guess he is a little like Dean in that respect. The banter between Dean and Sam is just excellent. They are very funny to watch and I think this contributes to Sam being a really good character. He's much more enjoyable to watch, both as a character and because I think he has gotten better looking with time.

Hm, I'm starting to wonder if this is a show I'd like to start watching myself.

Jess (aka Peter Petrelli!) has just arrived and is being a right :D The bit that got me was when Luke pushed him in the lake I wasn't expecting it! And from the same episode, Luke's panicking and saying he doesn't like kids 'cause they always have jam on their hands - 'jam hands'! Love it

I loved that scene where Luke pushed Jess in the lake :lol: It's so unexpected and not like Luke :lol: I've seen the first two seasons so many times but the scene always comes as a surprise to me :irked: I also love Luke ranting. Also, I can't remember which season it was, but

I loved it when Luke was upset about something and when Lorelai came home he found Luke in her house, fixing something, he was completely drunk and he'd hurt his hand and he was totally oblivious to the rather weird situation, he just kept rambling about this problem he had. So sweet :D

It's been a month since I've last watched an episode and I feel like I want to start over from season 1 again, I don't want to make too quick progress with watching the show because it'll be over sooner that way :)

Haha thanks for that, arewenearlythere :D I don't watch Supernatural but that was a good one! By the way, those of you who watch Supernatural, do you enjoy Padalecki's character and do you think he's as hot as Dean is in GG? Or is there a difference?

In GG he was sweet and a perfect first boyfriend for Rory, but in Supernatural, I like that he's smarter, and much more age appropriate for me :irked::lol::D Hmm, I wonder what Rory would have thought of Sam who is much more her intellectual equal?!

In GG he was sweet and a perfect first boyfriend for Rory, but in Supernatural, I like that he's smarter, and much more age appropriate for me :irked::lol::D Hmm, I wonder what Rory would have thought of Sam who is much more her intellectual equal?!

'Much more age appropriate', haha :D Good thinking!

He definitely was the most perfect first boyfriend for Rory and he was really sweet and great, but of course (IMHO) there was no way he and Rory were meant to be together. Maybe Rory should visit the Supernatural series.

Oh man! BF and I googled for another reality tv-show we could start watching and because we're both trying to lose weight we thought Celebrity Fit Club - Boot Camp would be great. I figured I wouldn't know any of the celebrities but to my utter surprise I knew all of the male contestants, only three of the female ones were people I didn't know. Anyways, there was also Sebastian Bach, who was in Gilmore Girls, the guy who played in Lane's band (and who's a member of Skid Row)!! :) I couldn't believe my eyes! I'm definitely gonna start following the show :smile2:

• 3 months later...

Ah ha! After coming across the Gilmore Girls Challenge thread earlier today I knew there must be a thread for the actual show itself somewhere and voila here we are. I hope its okay that I dug up this thread rather than started a new one but I suddenly got the urge to re-watch the series from the very beginning and have not long finished watching the pilot episode. It's been a while since I saw the earlier episodes so it's great looking back at them. I'd actually forgotten that Stars Hollow and in particular Luke's diner were so different in the pilot than from the rest of the series. I have to say I much prefer it in later episodes.

I've not seen the seventh and final season yet but have it on pre-order from Amazon so I'm planning on trying to get through as many episodes as I can before its release next month. This is the kind of show I could watch numerous episodes of back-to-back so will have to be careful that I don't get too caught up in it.

Yay! It's great to have another fan here. I finished rewatching all the series a couple of months ago but I'm already craving another viewing! How lucky that you get to see the 7th series for the first time.

I also find it really hard to stop once I've started watching it. I finish one ep and think 'I'll just watch the next ep up to the opening credits' but I always skip the opening credits so before I know it I've watched another whole ep. :(

Scoop, glad to have you join us :( I so jealous, you have a whole season you haven't seen before!

I started watching the series right from the start a couple of months ago but for some reason stopped watching it and now I'm thinking I should start watching it again, from the start.

I never watched the show when it aired first time around and only really got into it during the repeats on E4. Saying that though because of the time it was on I only ever got to see the odd episode here and there, but what little I did see of it I enjoyed so I treated myself to the DVD boxsets. I much prefer watching television shows this way as I can skip out all the advertisements! I do think this particular show is rather addictive though. It would be so easy to sit and watch four or five episodes in a go, so like I said previously I'm going to try and limit it a bit. It may take me a while to get through them all, but never mind as it's all the more to savour, plus I do have the added bonus of being able to look forward to a whole new season to watch...providing I don't cave in and watch Season 7 as soon as it arrives from Amazon rather than waiting until I actually reach that stage in my re-watch. :(

Scoopalicious, that would be very, very tempting indeed, but try to resist because you're in for such an amazing treat with the earlier seasons, they are my favorite and I didn't like season 6 + 7 that much, accept for the Luke moments of course :(

Just wanted to join in the GG love in! I've just finished watching Series 5 for the first time (although because I watched on E4 I've seen series 6 and 7 before so technically I've just finished watching them all!

This is going to sound very silly but I got into GG when I was having a huge breakdown, I had to take quite a bit of time off work and some days all I was able to do was get up, pour a cup of coffee and watch GG episodes on E4. I swear (along with the support of my family) watching those episodes helped me get through that black period. And with that...

I just want to add my say! I love Gilmore Girls too! I only got into it thanks to the reruns on E4 - think it was mid season 2. I was hooked straight away and bought the boxsets cos I couldn't wait to see them as E4 showed them! Brilliant feel good show. I'm going to have to have a rewatch soon!

Clare_Star, it doesn't sound silly at all. To me, Gilmore Girls is like comfort food but with no calories ;)

Best description ever! I love love love Gilmore Girls it always makes me happy! And you get to hear about some great books :D

Still only a couple of episodes into season 2 but it's not from want of trying.. there's no good websites to watch online apart from Megavideo, and I've not bothered to ask for the DVDs yet. Hmm.. possibly for my birthday next week.

I was so obsessed with this show that I couldn't wait for the English versions of the dvd to come out. I've got Seasons 1 to 3 in English but the rest are Dutch or German, I can't remember. Luckily it's just the packaging that's in the foreign language and not the actual programmes! :friends0:

Our network was only halfway through season 6 when the DVDs were released, so I got to watch half of 6 and all of 7 on DVD before the episodes aired on TV. It was great watching all those brand-new episodes back to back.

I was so obsessed with this show that I couldn't wait for the English versions of the dvd to come out. I've got Seasons 1 to 3 in English but the rest are Dutch or German, I can't remember. Luckily it's just the packaging that's in the foreign language and not the actual programmes! :friends0:

Yeah they had those versions on Play.com when I first decided to buy the series and I did debate getting them for a while but in the end I decided to wait for the English versions. I was starting off from the very beginning though as I'd never seen the show before and Seasons 1-5 had already been released with Season 6 being released soon after so it's really only Season 7 I've had to wait any great length of time for and even then it's only really a few months. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Edited by Scoopalicious