Notebookholics Anonymous

BookJumper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope! I just needed them because they were pretty!

Aha, and a perfectly reasonable reason it is! :readingtwo:

(and thanks, you've just made me feel much less guilty about the pair of shoes I just HAD to buy today... Cause they are pretty! *laughs*)

Unless it's rose champagne. That one gives even Louboutins a run for their money.

I love notebooks. But at the same time, I like things to match, so I'm effectively stocking up on Moleskine. *laughs*

Have you people never heard of Alcohol

Had to give it up for all sorts of reasons and now it's been so long that I think I've gone off it almost completely, I now even hate Guinness which I used to adore... I'm still partial to a spot of sweet red wine but it makes me too wobbly for comfort now, I've turned into a lightweight I think...

But I digress. Notebooks don't make you panicky, sad, physically ill and hospitalised so I think I'll keep notebooking, thank you ever so much :readingtwo:!

• 1 year later...

Aaaaah notebooks :D Gotta love them.

I'm not a writer but I do love getting new notebooks, luckily there's always need for them when you're a student...

I used to be obsessed with how pretty some notebooks were that I felt I needed to write neatly to suit the covers haha.

Also, I like buying ones that have food (meaning candy :lol: ) or fruit on the covers :D

Ooh I'm totally with you on this one. I find it really hard, impossible almost, to resist a pretty, hardback notebook. I have dozens of them, none of which I have used. I originally started buying them in the hope that it would inspire me to keep a handwritten journal, and although I have started to keep one a couple of times over the years they've only ever lasted a few days, a week at most, before I've given up on them. Keeping a handwritten journal is so time consuming compared with online journaling, so instead of lots of pretty notebooks sitting on a shelf filled with my lifestory to look back on in years to come, they're solely there for the purpose of looking pretty!

I might use them at some point, at some time, for something!

I love notebooks! I always find my eyes lingering on even the most basic spiral notebook at the grocery store. I would buy each one I saw if I could.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old topic but I didn't see sense in starting a new one. Like many people who have already posted in this topic I have a thing for notebooks, I just cant help but buy them. I tend to use them at a far far slower pace than I buy them which is crazy but I find them so desirable. I have a few Moleskine notebooks but they are so expensive that I find it hard to actually start using them as I don't want to spoil them. Rhodia make some great cahier A4 notebooks which I use quite a lot for work and university work. I prefer to write in pencil than pen because I like the fact that they tend to be smoother on the page. I actually like fountain pens and roller ball pens but I'm clumsy and I tend to smudge the ink too often.

I have been lusting over the Midori Traveler notebooks recently and I'm really tempted to treat myself for Christmas. They are scandalously expensive and the price of them and the refills are scaring me off.

Oh my gosh I used to have so many when I was little that my parents couldn't imagine me being anything other than an author. I still have quite a few, but dont have as much time to use them because of school. :(

Can I join the club?  I love notebooks and pretty stationary.  I used to buy notebooks when I was depressed, but I ended up with too many that I never used.  I haven't completely stopped, but have cut back a lot. I've got three drawers full of unused notebooks.  I think I've passed the bug onto my daughter too.  We spent ages recently looking for the perfect notebook for her.

I also have piles of rougher notebooks for rough work too.  Things like old diaries, and partly used exercise books.  They do get used, but the pile gets added to faster than I use them. 

I also like nice pens, although I don't have so many of them.  They tend to go walkies too much.  

I missed this the first time round but I'm also a notebookaholic!  In fact, stationery in general really, and at the moment I have a bit of a thing for turquoise pens (and all other turquoise things really   :wub:  ).

I bought a notebook in John Lewis that I wanted to use, but it's so pretty inside that I couldn't bring myself to write in it - so I bought a second one for that purpose!   It's so pretty inside too!

This one!   They stock others by this make (Chronicle books) - I have a larger blue one, and I covet the others.  It's a good job John Lewis is right across the other side of Bristol from where I live so I don't go there often!

I also bought this with some birthday money a few years ago, but haven't written in it.  I love these Paperblanks books too.

I have dozens of other notebooks too.   :D

I also like notebooks! I don't think I have a big collection and I don't buy them that often, but if I see a nice one.. (there aren't many shops here that sell them).

Janet, those notebooks you linked to are very pretty (and turquoise is an awesome colour in my opinion).

Aw, Janet, that animal notebook is so cute!

I have the Leonardo Da Vinci Paperblanks journal. I've never written in it and probably never will. I don't trust my handwriting enough. Maybe I should learn calligraphy...

As much as I love notebooks, I'm pretty good at looking but not buying. Any time I see one that I want, I have to remind myself that I will never write in it.

Oh yes, I can spend hours looking at notebook, and pens, and any stationary  :D . Notebooks are so beautiful that I can hardly write or draw in them, I can have them for years in pristine condition  :giggle: . I have a new one recently, so to keep my tangle patterns as a reference book. 

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/invt/00517859/ 

Creamy plain paper, and the notebook is cloth bound  :wub:​ 

I rate my notebooks, on the likelihood of my actually marking them. :blush2:  I have some that I will NEVER use (including one which is handmade paper with a cover made from dried leaves) while others are used for different purposes; notebook general, notebook books, notebook recipes, notebook others etc. I also will only use certain pens with certain notebooks, to 'get the best' from both.

My name is Christine, and I'm a notebookholic.  :D