Ray Bradbury

Weave

May I recommend Fahrenheit 451? A favourite of mine by Mr Bradbury. :smile:

My next Ray Bradbury gook will be Fahrenheit 451.

karsa - And then I will read Something Wicked This Way Comes.

I just started a book by a new author (Wiley Cash)

I really enjoyed The Martian Chronicles. I also enjoyed The Illustrated Man which is a collection of short stories tied together by a theme. I've yet to read any of his other novels but Farenheit 451 is on my wish list.

• 3 months later...

May I recommend Fahrenheit 451? A favourite of mine by Mr Bradbury. :smile:

Tonight I finished reading Fahrenheit 451, the 60th Anniversary Edition with a superb introduction by Neil Gaiman . I must say that it floored me.

If you haven't read this book I strongly recommend that you do read it. If you haven't read it in the last 10 or fifteen years I recommend that you re-read the 60th Anniversary Edition.

Edited by muggle not

I really enjoyed The Martian Chronicles. I also enjoyed The Illustrated Man which is a collection of short stories tied together by a theme. I've yet to read any of his other novels but Farenheit 451 is on my wish list.

I saw the film version of The Illustrated Man  as a teenager. It's not horror but definitely unsettling and thought provoking. Would so much like to see that again.

I liked the Martian Chronicles, and have recently listened to most of Bradbury 13, which consists of 13 dramatised stories. I've added a few of his to my audible wish list - I may get The Illustrated Man to listen to next.

Be interested to hear what you think of that Michelle