Sweet Valley and Baby Sitters Club Saga

I was a big Sweet Valley fan when I was younger. I used to go to the library with a girl who I went to Primary School with and borrow the books over and over again. I remember we used to sit in our bedrooms watching the TV show together. We even had the Sweet Valley High annual :lol:. Elizabeth was my favorite sister.

I was also a fan of The Babysitters Club and have read all the books. There was also a movie based on the books I can remember watching it - think I was about 10 years old at the time :lol:

I was also a fan of The Babysitters Club and have read all the books. There was also a movie based on the books I can remember watching it - think I was about 10 years old at the time :lol:

I saw that movie! There were also some videos of the series - at least 6, I think.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I used to love the Babysitters Clubseries.  My best friend at school had the entire series (up to date in the 90s - I don't know if she still has them) and I was envious of her collection.  Her books had the bricks on the side and they looked so cool next to each other.  She did kindly lend me a few books.  I wanted to babysit after that but I didn't have many chances as a teenager.

I enjoyed the Sweet Valley series as well.  I enjoyed the TV series.  I did think though that Elizabeth and Jessica had no flaws in the Twins series whereas they were slightly (but not much) more realistic in the High series.

I love the BabySitter's Club series! In Dutch unfortunately not all of them were published, only numbers 1-66 (I couldn't find any higher numbers back then). They also published only part of the other series, such as Super Special and Mystery (no Super Mysteries). I own some English ones I bought off Ebay and I own some on the Kindle. I hope they release all on the Kindle eventually so I can read how the stories continue. I could buy them from UK or US but it costs quite a bit to transport a book here (though I do prefer paper books). I have read some books in the Sweetvalley High series too, mainly from the library I think. I liked it but not as much as I love the BSC series. I was given numbers 3 and 4 for my 9th birthday, and I wasn't sure at first if I'd like them but I did! Out of all my children's books, this series is probably part of the books I've re-read the most often.

One of my book regrets in life is giving my Sweet Valley High and Babysitter's Club books to my cousin.  I would love to have them for my daughter (maybe reread a couple myself :giggle:). 

I loved the Sweet Valley High books that were thrillers.  I had one about a crazy ex-boyfriend, who was a killer and escaped from jail or something along those lines.