Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Adaptation)

Rawr

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The film is being released in the UK 12th March next year and I can't wait to see it. Tim Burton is my favourite Director and I love his films especially Bettlejuice (my favourite film ever!) :blush:.

I'm exited as Johnny Depp will be starring as The Mad Hatter, I think he is just gorgeous :). I think Matt Lucas will be great as TweedleDum/TweedleDee and also Stephen Fry as The Cheshire Cat.

Anne Hathaway will be starring as The White Queen and Helena Bonham Carter as The Red Queen.

Edited by SweetiiPie85

I'm really excited about this. I love Tim Burten. The feel he creates in his films are brilliant. This is the right story for him. When i hear of his projects, someone tells me the story or idea and i think: 'yes, he'll do it proud.'. He was born for storys like these!

Plus Depp is gorgeous!

Depp is absolutely beautiful! That is the word to describe him - beautiful. And so versatile and one of the rare actors that has never been able to be typecast as anything.

I must admit the only Burton film I've disliked is his version of James and the Giant Peach. That is one of my favourite stories and (as far as I'm concerned) he completely ruined the story! But that is the purist in me. Others like the film and the book - I prefer the book.

Depp is definitely a truly fantastic actor, i think beautiful is a good word. He's very enthralling when on screen, has a commanding presence, which is always the mark of a true performer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching the original cartoon version and forgot how hilarious and trippy it is, it's weird too. I love it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I can not wait for this! This will be awesome! there has been a lot of hype about this film as some of the scenes will aparently be filmed near where I live.

I agree with a previous post This story was made for Burton. This I feel will be THE most anticipated film of 2010!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

I saw the trailer, Depp looks slightly... insane LOL. It is going to be fantastic though :lurker:

I love Johnny Depp (even though he looks a bit odd in this)

I can think of a lot of films Johnny Depp has been in where he looked odd! I get the impression he likes to 'play it up' (if that makes any sense.). Thats what i love about him in Tim Burton movies. There is a definate style Tim has, and he seems to use and require it in all of his films. Johnny Depp isn't afraid of performing it, (he must be a fan of his work, as he has been in so many of his films!) which makes it even better.

Tim Burton also seems to choose a lot of other favorites like Christopher Lee, Albert Finney, Micheal Gough, etc. Not to mention his fantastic wife (Brilliant Actress) Helena Bonham Carter.

Edited by jewell