Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Adaptation)

Rawr

Anyone else interested in this? I am greatly looking forward to it! I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland, the novel and the cartoon film adaptation. It was pretty strange and odd in parts, very surreal but great. This cast looks brilliant and with Burton as director, we can only expect good things :)

There is a little information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_(2010_film)

And a pic of Johnny Depp looking quite creepy as the Mad Hatter here:

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/madhatter.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Tim Burton, Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, those three always work well together, Rickman is great too :)

The novel is certainly interesting, i haven't finished it all yet but it's great and random stuff so far :lol:

I'm very much looking forward to this film. And am I the only one who wants to take Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter home for a little tea party? :)

Which reminds me, I should give the novel another try. My boyfriend recommended the annotated version. I thought it was all random and somewhat confusing the first time I read it, but it seems that there's more to it.

And am I the only one who wants to take Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter home for a little tea party? :)

Nope, you're gonna have to come through me!

I heard complaints about his appearance, but it's Tim Burton, and being a fan of American McGee's Alice (which nearly became a gothic horror movie) I ADORE this interpretation of the Hatter. Can't wait to see it! :lol:

Burton always has such an interesting take or twist on things, i need to watch this in the cinema, no excuses. :)

I love Burton's movies, especially with Johnny Depp in them :lol:

*pushes Roxi and Scarlette out of the way in a desparate attempt to get to the front of the queue*

I really liked the film Sleepy Hollow too, so this sounds perfectly whacky and right up my street! :)

Sleepy Hollow is one of my favourite films, it's great and Depp is pretty funny in parts :)

I wonder how he is going to play the Mad Hatter and make this character different than the madness of Jack Sparrow and Willy Wonka for example. He's a really versatile actor, that's for sure.

I think he'll take the opportunity to go way overboard with the madness! Can you imagine? Jack Sparrow was slightly mad in a funny way and Willy Wonka was slightly mad in a simple way. Maybe he'll just be down right crazy mad as the Mad Hatter, like name suggests? :):006:

I'm just going by the Disney version mind you .... perhaps I should read the book :lol:

Maybe this time he will be 'mad' mad :) He's gonna have to be pretty crazy anyhow as that guy is a serious whacko!

Oh wow, I hadn't heard of this, I can't wait now :lol: no doubts it will be a great film, they are masterminds!

Our lives would be so dull without these guys.....they are amazing! :)

I love Helenas style, and loved it when I heard she said about her relationship with Tim: "I'm his woman, and we have a little 'person of dubious parentage' as a son - I find it quite romantic,"

HAHA that's a great quote, i love Helena Bonham Carter, she's awesome. I also agree very much so that without the work of these three our lives would be much duller! I can't wait for a trailer, i've been watching parts of the crazy cartoon adaptation recently :)

I can't wait for the tea party scene, that is going to be one crazy moment :)

Christopher Lee AND Alan Rickman? I better not go to the cinema ... I wouldn't be able to control myself because their voices make me dippy at the best of times but to hear them in ONE movie?

Johnny Depp is absolutely fantastic though my favourite role of his was an early one: What's Eating Gilbert Grape. He played the older brother of an Autistic child played excellently by Leonardo Di Caprio. I am a younger sister of an Autistic woman and I understand that story line completely.

Helena Bonham Carter has always been one of my ultimate favourite actresses!!! Can't wait for this!

• 1 month later...

This is a good link:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/need-to-know-alice-in-wonderland.html

Burton's movie version isn't simply a retelling of the original 1865 novel. It's a new story that has Alice returning to Wonderland as a teenager several years after the events of Carroll's books "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass."